Coordinator, 26 West Creative Studio
Coordinator, 26 West Creative Studio
Join our SCF 26 West Entrepreneurship Center Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: The 26 West Creative Studio Coordinator will work within the 26 West Center, which provides a comprehensive suite of services available to entrepreneurs, individuals, and businesses, as well as experiential learning for students. This position is a key hire for the 26 West Center and will take on leadership of the digital media – video and audio with possible additions of music, and photography – with a focus on client work. The 26 West Entrepreneurship Center includes five business units to support students, entrepreneurs, and businesses and non-profits in the community:
Business Growth Lab and Incubator – Co-working space with supporting mentoring and collaboration opportunities. Student Incubator - Designed to expose students to entrepreneurial thinking and provide an environment to encourage innovation and new business creation. Entrepreneurship Academy – Programming that includes classes, workshops, seminars, and events to enrich the business acumen of entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Personal Branding Lab - The hub of SCF’s Career Acceleration initiative with interactive programming, curriculum, and one-on-one guidance for all disciplines to provide students and members of the community with the tools and confidence to succeed.
The Digital Collective – The student-staffed digital agency will provide marketing services for clients such as small and medium businesses and non-profit organizations. It will also provide internship and freelance opportunities for students as part of experiential learning.
The Creative Studio is part of The Digital Collective and includes a 2,000-square-foot studio, with space for a studio audience, state-of-the-art control room, robotically controlled cameras, lighting, audio, and music technology.
The 26 West Creative Studio Coordinator is a key role within the 26 West Center, a new and innovative hub for entrepreneurship and technology. This position will manage the 2,000 square foot broadcast studio along with the more compact Start-up Studio and Podcast Studio. The 26 West Center serves entrepreneurs, small business owners as well as corporate clients. This new position requires an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to create and grow this unique new business unit (26 West Center).
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all the following duties:
1. Oversees the management, maintenance, and installation of all equipment in and related to the Creative Studio to ensure all systems and equipment are operating properly.
2. Works with and manages technical equipment vendors to ensure that agreements are met; coordinates with SCF Facilities staff as appropriate.
3. Researches options for additional revenue-generating services such as podcasting studio, editing booths, photo lab, etc.
4. Schedules and manages all studio rentals, video/podcast/livestream/photography, and any other projects in the studio or on location to include pre-production, production, and post-production (as contracted by clients) while providing outstanding customer service and delivering a high-quality product.
5. Provides production services (pre-production, shooting, editing) as appropriate for clients and internal projects. Establishes processes, workflows, and best practices for studio rentals and video/podcast/music projects.
6. Recruits, trains and manages student and alumni interns/freelancers for the Creative Studio.
7. Meets with prospective clients, participates in presentations, conducts studio tours. Recommends pricing to reflect competitive rates and Creative Studio strategy.
8. Creates and follows up on client proposals and contracts.
9. Manages Creative Studio budget, including expenses (e.g., payroll, equipment and maintenance, software, etc.) and revenue (e.g., projected client revenue).
10. Manages client project budgets (expenses, deliverables, timelines) and provides input for rate cards for all Creative Studio services offered through the Digital Collective.
11. Collaborates, coordinates, and communicates with 26 West Center leadership, staff and all appropriate stakeholders at SCF (all campuses). 12. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Education/Experience: Associate’s degree and two years of related experience (including freelance experience) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Required qualifications includes: · Studio management or appropriate experience managing audio and video equipment.
· Video and audio production experience (pre-production, studio and location shooting, post-production) including lighting, sound, shot composition, camera work, etc.
· Proven track record of producing high quality digital media projects with demonstration of current and emerging digital media technical equipment, software applications, and technologies, and editing techniques.
Preferred Qualifications: FAA Part 107 drone license, photography experience and/or audio editing preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note this position is grant funded and subject to availability of funding. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: 26 West Entrepreneurship Center
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00am
Work Hours To: 4:30pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $37,111 - $58,635
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3725762
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-d17e7ea58f1ec148bd8455f792da1b3c