Coordinator, Natural Science Lab
Coordinator, Natural Science Lab
Join our SCF Natural Science Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Coordinates the preparation of materials used in instructional laboratories by instructors. Inventories, organizes and maintains equipment and materials. Coordinates and oversees the maintenance of the instructional laboratory facility. Assists in compliance with safety programs defined by the College and Natural Science Department. Provides supervision of student and/or laboratory assistants as required.
Job Description Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Provides and coordinates the preparation of materials for laboratory classes each semester.
2. Coordinates use of laboratory equipment, media, and materials to meet daily instructional requirements.
3. Coordinates and oversees the maintenance of the laboratory facility.
4. Maintains laboratory or educational equipment, assuring readiness for daily use. Arranges for repairs as necessary. Coordinates and instructs faculty and staff in proper use of equipment.
5. Maintains laboratory facilities in good working order by keeping equipment clean and reporting equipment failures to appropriate College department.
6. Maintains inventory of instructional and laboratory materials and equipment, maintains records and replenishes as needed.
7. Provides laboratory orientation and technology training to adjunct faculty.
8. Assigns work and trains laboratory assistants and/or student assistants as required.
9. Assists in compliance with safety policies and procedures established by the College and Natural Science Department.
10. Assists in the preparation of the Department budget; maintains Department budget, including preparation of orders, tracking orders, and signing off invoices prior to payment.
11. Compiles reports, conducts inspections, and handles other administrative tasks as required for specific discipline.
12. Maintains compliance with local, State and Federal agencies, as required.
· Education/Experience: Bachelors’ Degree from four year college or university and five years’ of discipline related experience. Previous experience tutoring and/or teaching college students is required.
· Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees, and assisting others with problems.
Essential Skills Required to be successful on the job
-Biology and/or Chemistry background
-Familiarity with biology, chemistry and physical sciences lab equipment and lab activities
-Experience working with chemicals preparation of chemical solutions and handling hazardous waste
-Math skills and experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
-Strongly detail oriented-Excellent time management skills
-Proactive approach to work, with the foresight to anticipate issues and the ability to work well in advance
-Strong ability to focus and concentrate
-Ability to deal effectively with interruptions and distractions
-Ability to cope with sudden changes in schedule or plans
-Ability to modify work schedule to deal with demands of the job
-Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm manner
-Excellent organizational skills are critical
-Ability to problem solve
-Excellent interpersonal “people” skills
-Ability to lead and supervise effectively
-Ability to take initiative
-Ability to effectively train and assign/delegate work appropriately
-Excellent communication skills
-Ability to multitask and effectively ‘juggle’ many tasks simultaneously
-Ability to set priorities appropriately
-Positive attitude and engagement on the job
-Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule
-Ability to maintain accurate and organized records
-Experience with inventory management, building management, safety standards
-Ability to assess the needs of materials and supplies for multiple labs, to generate order lists and work with outside vendors and community groups
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Natural Science
Work Schedule: 12 month
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $37,100 - $58,600
Job Open Date: 07/08/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3221988
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-f4d7ee6ca2d06249ad7bf9f120552cb2