Coordinator, Systems and Operations
Join our SCF Registrar Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Provides oversight for the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Registrar as directed by the College Registrar. Coordinates in person and phone services for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Provides continuous student experience training and serves as point of contact for escalations. Knowledge of transfer evaluation, statutory requirements, and overall operations in the Office of the Registrar. Provides oversight for the Banner Student Information System as it relates to the Office of the Registrar and Student modules as well as oversight and maintenance of Degree Works.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Provides daily supervision of office personnel, and coordinates in person and phone services for students, staff, faculty and community members. Knowledgeable on admission, registration, transcripts and a variety of Student Services policies, procedures, processes and forms. Has the professional ability to disseminate information.
2. Responsible for the oversight, reviewing, and disseminating information from the Office of the Registrar email inbox.
3. Assists with the oversight of the records retention system for the department and works with staff to ensure that all records are properly maintained within the document imaging system in accordance with retention guidelines, policies and procedures.
4. Troubleshoots student, faculty, and staff concerns.
5. Assures adequate coverage is met for phone, late shift, and Registrar email. Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting student records within Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines. Serves as one of the College's points of contact for FERPA related questions, inquiries, complaints and/or compliance.
6. Provides a variety of assistance to the College Registrar and Associate Registrar in the development of the academic calendar, College catalog, student handbook and various forms and publications.
7. Serves as the primary point of contact with Florida Shines by providing necessary data and information as requested. This including daily monitoring of the Florida Shines website for all transient form and applications and assists with the updating of the annual college profile.
8. Supervises and evaluates direct reports within the Office of the Registrar department, and ensures staff are trained on customer service skills and knowledgeable on procedures and processes.
9. Keeps abreast of current SACS and Florida Department of Education requirements and policies concerning accreditation, transfer work, degree requirements, etc. and provides recommendations and assists with the adjustments to SCF policies and procedures accordingly.
10. Oversees day-to-day operations for the Office of the Registrar and supports staff in their roles and responsibilities. Furthermore, will serve as the point of contact for student, faculty, and staff issues needing additional review and/or interaction.
11. Manage and maintain Degree Works, State College of Florida, Sarasota-Manatee's Degree Audit system.
12. Serve as primary point of contact for Banner and Degree Works.
13. Code new curricula, update and maintain course requirements, and other Degree Works related items.
14. Update Degree Works with approved petitions/exceptions.
15. Work closely with Student Services and Enrollment Management (SSEM) as well as other divisions on campus.
16. Oversee Banner Document Imaging process and ensure SSEM documents are scanned and indexed correctly.
17. Ensure Office of the Registrar forms are processed on a timely basis.
18. Serves on various college wide committees as assigned.
19. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
·Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university; and one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadership in a student affairs and/or business services area in a post- secondary setting is required. ·Supervisory Experience: One or more years of direct or indirect supervision experience is required which includes responsibility for hiring, firing, performance management, training and coaching.
Master’s degree preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference.
Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Office of the Registrar
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $37,111-$58,635
FLSA: Job Open Date: 02/10/2023
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3894067
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment.
Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-856600a585eed04fa054c0d26b55f452
Position Type: Full-time