Director, Institutional Compliance
Director, Institutional Compliance
Join the State College of Florida Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details. Job
Summary: The Director, Institutional Compliance is responsible for the development and direction of an institutional compliance program that integrates and coordinates all significant requirements with which the institution must comply by law, regulation or other binding rule or agreement. The Director is responsible for collecting, evaluating, synthesizing and presenting data related to compliance and other financial issues for a variety of internal and external constituents.
Job Description Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Develops and maintains overall institutional compliance program and implementation plan for approval by Senior Administration.
2. Advises institutional leaders regarding compliance and regulatory requirements.
3. Promotes compliance awareness through publicity and education and training programs.
4. Facilitates the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of mission critical compliance related initiatives.
5. Develops compliance monitoring program and coordinates the contract with and work of Internal Auditors to ensure that all relevant laws and regulations are being monitored.
6. Negotiates annual contract revisions and renewals with internal audit firm.
7. Regularly consults with the General Counsel on matters of compliance and other issues to ensure that information and actions are legally appropriate.
8. Develops plans and priorities to ensure that compliance deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner.
9. Works as an integral part of the College's institutional risk management program on issues that may cause non-compliance or audit findings.
10. Implements and publicizes a “College Hotline” program and ensures no retaliation for good faith reporting of incidences of non-compliance.
11. Identifies policy concerns that impede compliance. Ensures responsible office addresses deficiency in a timely manner.
12. Works collaboratively with General Counsel. Maintains current working knowledge of education laws and regulations, keeping abreast of recent changes that may affect the institution's policies, procedures and processes through personal research, seminars, peer contact, and bench-marking compliance monitoring practices and implementation strategies with other institutions.
13. Recommends institutional policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations and to ensure all College faculty, staff and students operate in accordance with established policies.
14. Coordinates audit review processes, resolves compliance issues, and responds to administrative inquiries related to compliance issues or audits.
15. Investigates all issues of substance that arise from proactive compliance monitoring activities.
16. Provides training, manuals and information to constituents so they understand how to comply with policies.
17. Works collaboratively among all departments and divisions of the College, focusing on the importance of compliance and the institutionalization of the College's comprehensive Compliance Plan.
18. Makes periodic reports regarding compliance matters to the Senior Administration.
19. Collects, evaluates, synthesizes and presents data in a business intelligent format for compliance and financial issues for a variety of internal and external constituents.
20. Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Education/Experience: Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and five or more years of relevant experience including governmental compliance and monitoring procedures.
Preferred Qualifications Experience at post-secondary academic institution in the area of compliance preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Institutional Compliance Campus: Bradenton Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: 8:00 am Work Hours To: 4:30 pm Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 Requested Start Date: ASAP Job Type: Benefits Eligible: Yes Hiring Range: $72,078-$113,884 FLSA: Exempt Job Open Date: 08/31/2022 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3411573 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment.
Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc.
All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $61,000 - $100,000/year,$100,000 and Up/year