Join our SCF Traffic Safety Institute Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees:
- Tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents
- Paid Life Insurance
- Matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution
- Complimentary access to Wellness activities
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness and many more!
Job Summary: SCF’s Traffic Safety Institute, an established non-profit organization with offices in Bradenton, Sarasota & Venice is seeking an Evaluator/Instructor (Non-Clinical) to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work efficiently under pressure. Note this is not a counseling position.
DUI Evaluator responsible for conducting substance abuse evaluations to determine risk factors for abuse with alcohol/other drugs and refer clients to substance abuse counseling when warranted. Conduct extended evaluations as prescribed in DHSMV Rule No. 15A-10.30, for clients who have been repeat offenders to determine if client will be granted a restricted driving permit and supervise these special supervision clients on a monthly, bi-monthly or tri-monthly basis. DUI Instructor to conduct classes on the effects of alcohol and/or drug use to clients enrolled in the DUI Program as outlined by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Rules for DUI Programs, Chapter 15A-10.022. Position requires travel between campuses and offsite locations.
Job Description Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Interviews DUI program clients using standardized criteria to determine whether there are sufficient indications of alcohol or drug abuse dependence that a referral to a program is warranted.
2. Provides Case management of Special Supervision Services and Ignition Interlock Device program clients to include preparation and maintenance of client files.
3. Reports findings/results/recommendations of interviews to outside agencies as required.
4. Conduct classes instructing students on the effects of alcohol and/or drug use on driving skills, physical & mental health, family, employment, etc. to clients enrolled in the DUI Program following the guidelines outlined by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Rules for DUI Programs, Chapter 15A-10.022.
5. During instruction, utilizes approved curriculum guide for each course with appropriate handouts.
6. Maintains order in the classroom and creates an environment favorable to learning and development.
7. Communicates with other DUI Program staff on individual students, as needed, to share information for client file.
8. Documents any unusual incidents or observations of any unusual behavior for client file.
9. Attends mandatory monthly clinical staffing to review/present case management plans.
10. Performs accurate data entry in database and DHSMV programs.
11. Meets with TSI staff across all sites to collaborate on projects and schedule/review appointments.
12. Maintains the confidentiality of all clients and adheres to all federal and state laws.
13. Exhibits strong listening skills and the ability to establish rapport quickly with clients, many of whom will be seen on an on-going basis.
14. Presents individual findings as part of monthly clinical staffing.
15. Participates in professional development opportunities in order to maintain licensure/certification and ensure that all professional personnel maintain required certifications and training for recertification purposes.
16. Participates in college, regional, statewide meetings. Adheres to DHSMV policies and procedures and other appropriate regulatory organizations in addition to college policies and procedures.
17. Participates in TSI advisory committee meetings and external meetings where appropriate.
18. Maintains DHSMV certifications by completing all training and other requirements in a timely manner.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in human services, nursing or a doctorate in medicine (M.D.). They shall possess a minimum of four thousand hours experience in mental health or rehabilitative direct client services or medical care specific to substance abuse OR a master’s degree in human services, nursing or a doctorate in medicine (M.D.) may be substituted for two thousand hours of experience. Must have 252 hours of group experience. A Certified Addiction Professional (CAP) status, a Certified Criminal Justice Addiction Professional (CCJAP) status, or fourteen thousand hours of experience in human services may be substituted for a degree that is not in human services but shall not preclude the requirements for a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Methadone maintenance experience shall not be considered. Each beginning evaluator shall complete 20 hours of Department provided preservice training and shall document observation of an entire Level 1 and Level II course. Each certified evaluator shall thereafter complete 24 hours of Department approved training biennially to maintain certification. Each certified instructor shall thereafter complete 24 hours of DHSMV approved training biennially to maintain certification. The program shall employ only instructors and evaluators who are certified by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle (DHSMV).
Special Instructions to Applicants - All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Traffic Safety Institute Campus: Bradenton
Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: Work Hours To: Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours per week
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $37,100 - $58,600 (please note that majority of applicants will be offered at midpoint of range) FLSA: Exempt
Job Open Date: 03/14/2022 J
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2926209
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment.
Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-05f31c6db3cd3040b5fe2836b41890a1