Financial Aid Officer, Federal Programs
Financial Aid Officer, Federal Programs
Join our SCF Financial Aid Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: To assist with the administration of the financial aid functions at the State College of Florida (SCF) to include the determination and award of aid, coordination and preparation of eligible programs, and provision of financial aid advising. The Financial Aid Officer, Federal Programs is responsible for monitoring federal programs for SCF students and ensuring that the College is meeting the standards set by the Department of Education for the administration of Title IV funding.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Exude a professional demeanor and customer service mindset, to include knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services such as customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction when interacting with current and prospective students and families, SCF staff and SCF administration.
2. Review financial aid applications to determine the extent of financial need and make awards of financial support within the limits set by established policies, rules and regulations; audit and adjust awards on a continuous basis; revise estimates of need as student and/or parents report changes in their financial circumstances.
3. Calculate proration for student financial aid refunds; notify the appropriate funding agency of refund and amount.
4. Conduct in-person, virtual and/or telephone personal interviews with students and their parents regarding the process of applying for and receiving federal, state, and third-party aid. Assist students and parents with the completion of forms and documents required to secure financial aid as necessary.
5. Determine student eligibility for the Federal Stafford Loan, Federal Parent plus Loan and Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loans.
6. Monitors federal aid application (FAFSA, ISIRs) to clear issues related to incorrect names/SSN matches, selective service matches, or citizenship documentation problems (C-FLAGs).
7. Organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a dynamic environment with effective problem-solving skills and a strong desire to help those who have questions or seek resolutions.
8. Participate in the formulation of student aid policies, procedures and operations.
9. Attend off-campus workshops and department meetings scheduled on a rotating basis.
10. Serve as a liaison with other College offices such as Admissions, Cashiering Office, College and Career Planning, etc.
11. Monitor need-based Federal grants to include the Federal Pell Grants and SEOG.
12. Assists with the development of, and monitors, procedures to ensure that grant funds are awarded to appropriate students and facilitates the reconciliation of disbursements.
13. Ensures that data is sent and returned to Federal Title IV Grant Programs in a timely fashion and resolves edits expeditiously.
14. Troubleshoots grant errors and edits and resolves these issues.
15. Performs return of Title IV calculations (repayment of federal aid) when student eligibility changes due to receipt of other aid, dropped courses or withdrawing from the College. Calculates the required repayment of aid when a student loses eligibility, process updates and reports reductions in aid when students repay funds.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and three years of comprehensive relevant experience with postsecondary financial aid programs is required.
Experience administering Title IV programs preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Financial Aid Office
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00am
Work Hours To: 4:30pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $35,245 - $52,868
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3754865
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-fb995870fcf6184fbb450b47d9bf7634
Position Type: Full-time