Instructional Faculty - Mathematics/Statistics, Bradenton
Instructional Faculty - Mathematics/Statistics, Bradenton
Join our SCF Academics Team!
State College of Florida is pleased to invite applicants for a full time, 9-month, Mathematics/Statistics teaching position beginning August 11, 2022. Responsibilities included teaching various courses in mathematics with a focus on statistics courses. Appropriate college, professional, and community service is also required, including committee work and engaging in campus initiatives to increase student success, retention, and enrollment. SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Position is subject to the availability of funding. An instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
Applicant may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following essential duties:
1. Teaches all courses as assigned.
2. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction.
3. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives.
4. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
5. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast paced change.
6. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
7. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
8. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College guidelines to meet class schedule requirements.
9. Meets all scheduled classes and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately.
10. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning. State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (Instructional Faculty - Associate Degree)
11. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
12. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
13. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
14. Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned.
15. Attends departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or administrative official.
16. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
17. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the department.
18. Serves on college committees to which elected or appointed.
19. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the Department Chair or Coordinator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
20. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair/Program Directors for the fulfillment of departmental responsibilities.
21. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
22. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrate professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques.)
23. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive, respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the college-wide community to advance the mission of the college.
24. Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority.
Master’s degree with a major in Mathematics or Statistics or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Mathematics, Statistics, or Mathematics Education courses in the teaching or application of algebra, calculus or finite mathematics.
Experience teaching at the community college level in both face-to-face and online modalities preferred. Preference may be given to those who have 18 graduate hours in Statistics.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Full-time faculty position eligible for annual contract renewal. This individual must be able to teach during the day or evening at multiple campuses and will be able to demonstrate sustained quality and continuous improvement in teaching, industry experience, and community involvement. Course load is 15 credit hours per semester (Spring and Fall semesters). The minimum four day per week on-campus presence with at least one hour designated for office hours each day is required. Experience working with various instructional technologies is highly desirable. You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process!
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Mathematics
Work Schedule: 9 Month
Total Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
Requested Start Date: August 11, 2022
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $38,981 - $48,795
Job Open Date: 02/21/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2870280
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-5cf8fd04a406204f966a498905557200