Instructional Faculty, Nursing
Instructional Faculty, Nursing
Join our SCF Nursing Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
A faculty member teaching in the nursing programs at SCF, Manatee-Sarasota provides instructional quality and student success at the highest level; pursues continuing state of the art knowledge and professional development; commits to the mission of SCF and serves in a variety of other functions in support of the nursing programs, the College, and the community.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Teaches undergraduate lower and/or upper division level content within the SCF Nursing program(s) to meet End-of-Program Student Learning Outcomes and Program Outcomes.
2. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
3. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational environment, free from harassment and discrimination. Develops, maintains, and promotes a positive, respectful, and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the college-wide community to advance the SCF mission.
4. Provides instruction at assigned locations for class, labs, and clinical assignments (ie. Bradenton campus, Lakewood Ranch campus, Venice campus, community-based clinical sites, or online) and maintains accurate student records for student evaluations, student attendance, and for submission of reports to the nursing program and SCF.
5. Demonstrates professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promotes student growth, engagement, and learning.
6. Demonstrates a commitment to student growth, engagement, and learning.
7. Competently navigates the learning management system (LMS) according to best practice standards. Completes the SCF Canvas Online Basic e-Certification course within 1 month of employment. Completes the SCF Canvas Online Advanced e-Certification within 1 year of employment.
8. Promotes the nursing programs and represents the College within the community, professional nursing associations, and/or with local healthcare industry partners.
9. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials and updates course syllabi within College guidelines to preserve nursing education program integrity and to comply with our accreditation standards.
10. Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
11. Actively participate on at least one of the nursing program committees as assigned by Nursing leadership, participates in professional development activities, and attends Faculty/Staff meetings as scheduled.
12. Post ten (10) office hours per week for student interaction and reports completed office hours weekly to Nursing leadership.
13. Serves as a “Nursing Program Success Partner” to assigned ASN and/or BSN students.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Education/Experience: Master’s Degree in Nursing required, Doctorate in Nursing (preferred) must be eligible for*, or have, a current valid Florida RN license, or Multi-State Compact License.*Florida RN license must be obtained by hire date.
Recent nursing education teaching experience preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Nursing
Requested Start Date: Fall 2022
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $53,665 - $72,804
Job Open Date: 03/16/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3246981
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-6ded3955694e9447bb8627a40e3bb4d9