Instructional Faculty, Photography
Instructional Faculty, Photography
Join the SCF Humanities, Arts, and Letters Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Humanities, Arts, and Letters Division seeks an instructional faculty member to teach required courses including those within the A.S. degree in Digital Photography. The instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in their particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students. The selected candidate will also serve as the Program Manager for the A.S. degree in Digital Photography.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Teaches all courses as assigned.
2. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction.
3. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives.
4. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
5. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change.
6. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
7. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
8. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College guidelines to meet class schedule requirements.
9. Meets all scheduled classes, and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately.
10. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
11. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
12. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
13. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
14. Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned.
15. Attends departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or administrative official.
16. Assists with development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
17. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the department.
18. Serves on College committees to which elected or appointed.
19. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the Department Chair of Coordinator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
20. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair/Program Directors for the fulfillment of departmental responsibilities.
21. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
22. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques.)
23. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive, respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the college-wide community to advance the mission of the college.
24. Completes all duties required of a program manager.
25. Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority.
Masters in photography or in a related field with 18 graduate hours in photography. Experience teaching at the college level.
MFA in photography with experience managing a degree program. Experience in commercial or portrait photography, specifically location and studio lighting. Experience teaching in 2-year degree programs.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please add a portfolio of work to the Additional Documents Section of the application. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Humanities, Arts, and Letters
Work Schedule: 9 Month
Work Hours From: Varies
Work Hours To: Varies
Total Hours Per Week: 35
Requested Start Date: Fall 2023
Job Type: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: Initial rank and salary will be determined upon hire according to the college‘s salary schedule
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3842458
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-99e790f1e270694a93cca7fd5baab573