Instructional Faculty-Teacher Education
Instructional Faculty-Teacher Education
Join our SCF Education Programs Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
An instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
The position includes responsibility as the Program Manager -Exceptional Student Education, working in partnership with all SCF departments and campuses to provide leadership and guidance over the Exceptional Student Education degree program and any associated certifications, to ensure the program is delivered in an efficient, effective, and consistent manner. As Program Manager, the selected faculty will receive 3 instructional load hours (ILH) release time and a stipend per semester. Please note, this position is grant funded and subject to availability of funding.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Teaches all courses as assigned y include elementary and ESE courses.
2. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction.
3. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives.
4. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
5. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change.
6. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
7. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
8. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College guidelines to meet class schedule requirements.
9. Meets all scheduled classes, and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately.
10. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
11. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
12. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
13. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
14. Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned.
15. Attends departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or administrative official.
16. Assists with development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
17. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the department.
18. Serves on College committees to which elected or appointed.
19. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the Department Chair or Assistant Dean for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
20. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair for the fulfillment of departmental responsibilities.
21. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
22. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques.)
23. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive, respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the college-wide community to advance the mission of the college.
24. This position will also serve as program manager. Completes all duties required of a Program Manager.
25. Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in education, elementary education, exceptional student education, curriculum and instruction or a closely related field. At least three years of experience teaching in a public or private school setting. Current Teaching Certificate in elementary, exceptional student education or related field. Can be from another state.
Ph.D or Ed.D in education, elementary education, Exceptional Student Education, curriculum and instruction or a closely related field. ESE certification with 18 credit hours.Reading Endorsement or Reading Certification. Knowledge of Florida elementary and exceptional student education programs and agencies (Florida Department of Education). Experience teaching higher education, preferably at the state college level. Experience teaching online. One or more years of supervisory experience with responsibility for leadership, guidance, and support to faculty in the education discipline.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note, this position is grant funded and subject to availability of funding. *Note: Depending on the qualifications and experience of the applicant, this position may be filled at Instructor or Assistant Professor level. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Social Behavioral Sciences, Education Programs
Campus: Lakewood Ranch
Work Schedule: 9 Month
Work Hours From: Varies
Work Hours To: Varies
Total Hours Per Week: 35
Requested Start Date: Fall 2023
Job Type: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: Initial rank and salary will be determined upon hire according to the college‘s salary schedule.
Job Open Date: 12/13/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3945397
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-660f82670fa4204092e48d46d5d1183b
Position Type: Part-time