Lab Instructor - Film
Lab Instructor - Film
Join our SCF Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: This position provides support for video production and post-production in the Film Production Studio and Post-Production Labs at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota. The lab instructor organizes and maintains equipment, inventory, and supplies, provides instructional support for students, consults with faculty, and assists the Department Chair in the day-to-day operations of the Film Production Studio and Post-Production Labs.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Assist with the operation, scheduling, and security of spaces and equipment in the Film Production Studio and Post-Production Labs.
2. Provide technical support for studio and lab equipment and act as technical advisor to faculty and students.
3. Provide instructional support for students in the areas of video production and post-production.
4. Train and supervise student assistants in the Film Production Studio and Post-Production Labs.
5. Assist with purchase of video production and post-production equipment.
6. Assist with the maintenance and general orderliness of the Film Production Studio and Post-Production Labs.
7. Develop and administer procedures for student use of film production equipment and post-production labs.
· Education/Experience: Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and four years’ experience in a relevant field; or bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and one year’s experience in a relevant field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Supervisory Experience: One or more years of supervisory experience, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees, and assisting others in their job functions.
Previous experience tutoring and/or teaching college students is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Art, Design, Humanities
Work Schedule: 10 Month
Total Hours Per Week: 35
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Miscellaneous Support
Staff Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $22,009.40-$32,077.32
Job Open Date: 04/04/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4067928
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-af362efa1ab2d94c897e68c6b69bddf8
Position Type: Part-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year