Lab Instructor - Graphic Design
Lab Instructor - Graphic Design
Join our SCF Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details. If you have questions, or would like to discuss further before applying, please feel free to submit your resume through email to email@example.com today.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Assists professional teaching faculty in a learning laboratory and serves as a resource person to instruct and tutor students in the skills required for the graphic design discipline.
2. Instructs students enrolled in graphic design laboratory classes. Administers lessons, orders and provides materials for laboratory classes each semester.
3. Provides tutorial assistance to students in the graphic design introduction class.
4. Collaborates with Program Manager to develop procedures for student use of graphic design equipment. Advises adjunct instructors on lab procedures.
5. Maintains the MAC server for computers in the department of Humanities, Visual and Performing Arts. Provides regular maintenance and trouble shoots hardware and software issues in all labs and office Mac's.
6. Maintains laboratory facilities in good working order, assuring readiness for use daily. Reports equipment failures to appropriate staff or faculty. Coordinates and instructs students in proper/safe use of equipment. Advises Venice Campus graphic design lab assistant when issues arise.
7. Installs and updates all software on lab computers. (Adobe Creative Cloud, Remote Desktop, Typeface, Mac OS, etc.
8. Inventories and orders all ink and paper for labs. Requests yearly pricing for software from various vendors.
9. Troubleshoots hardware, software and networking issues.
10. Works with IT to ensure up to date security software installations.
11. Maintains inventory of instructional materials, maintains records and replenishes as needed.
12. Assists with scheduling and other record keeping requirements as assigned.
13. Assigns work and trains lab assistants and/or student assistants as required.
Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and four years’ experience in related field; or Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and one year experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience tutoring and/or teaching college students is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Art, Design, Humanities
Work Schedule: 10 Month
Total Hours Per Week: 35
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $24,375 - $36,398
Job Open Date: 01/06/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3788328
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-63f9360ff619b549a91d3004e08e555b