Lead Graphic Artist
Lead Graphic Artist
Join our SCF Communications and Marketing Department!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Initiates, develops, designs and manages effective design solutions for all customer materials, SCF brands (FTIC, CTE, CCD), platforms (SCF.edu, MYSCF Mobile) and initiatives at an advanced level.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Collaborates with Project Manager and other stakeholders to determine and define the scope and objectives of assigned marketing campaigns.
2. Oversees assigned project production from beginning to end, incorporating campaign elements (copywriting, photography, design, layout, etc.) to successfully communicate message to target audience, in alignment with established objectives.
3. Reviews and approves graphic artist production files prior to submission to stakeholders or external vendors.
4. Collaborates closely with Project Manager to establish guidelines and graphic standards related to the brand and incorporate those guidelines and standards throughout the execution of assigned projects.
5. Designs print and digital media as part of a complete marketing campaign, including but not limited to; product fact sheets, folders, advertisements, newsletter layouts, posters, training material, presentations, invitations, graphics, logos, etc.
6. Directs the revisions and changes to project material in collaboration with Project Manager and stakeholder(s).
7. Responsible for coordinating the workflow of the graphics interns as requested. Monitors timely completion of work and completes evaluation. 8. Completes projects in accordance with time constraints and deadlines. Assist in coordinating production deadlines, including liaison efforts with external vendors.
9. Maintains and updates project tasks in the project management system to ensure all deadlines are observed and followed.
10. Follows through with clients and outside vendors as required. Keeps Project Manager updated on project status as needed. Follows up on client issues or questions as needed.
11. Remains current in new graphic design trends, including hardware and software advances. Evaluates new techniques and recommends alternatives to improve materials, to maximize impact and remain cost competitive.
12. Assists with hardware and technical support.
13. Manages and maintains printers to ensure high quality prints within budgetary and equipment constraints.
14. Ensures proper handling of electronic images of layouts.
15. Provides cross-application assistance with team members for complex/special projects.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees and assisting others with problems as required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Communication and Marketing
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: 1/4/2023
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $16.43-$24.64
Job Open Date: 10/27/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3583551
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-5179eb478fa4624eb68e87a9a95aa477
Position Type: Full-time