Join our SCF Academics Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details. This position is responsible for providing high-quality instruction in the subject area of General Business as needed by the College. This is a 9-month faculty Lecturer appointment with teaching responsibilities during the fall and spring semesters of 2022-2023. Opportunities for summer work are possible given the needs of the college. The preferred candidate will also serve as Program Manager for the Entrepreneurship Program.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Teaches all courses as assigned.
2. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction.
3. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives.
4. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
5. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change.
6. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
7. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
8. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College guidelines to meet class schedule requirements.
9. Meets all scheduled classes and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately.
10. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
11. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
12. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
13. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade and progress reports within college deadlines. 14. Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned.
15. Attends departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or administrative official.
16. Assists with development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
17. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the department.
18. Serves on College committees to which elected or appointed.
19. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the Department Chair for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
20. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair for the fulfillment of departmental responsibilities.
21. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
22. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques.)
23. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive, respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the college-wide community to advance the mission of the college.
24. Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority.
• Master’s Degree in Business from an accredited institution of higher education or 18 graduate hours in business.
• Experience in online instruction.
• Doctorate degree in Business.
• Demonstrated teaching skills and subject knowledge preferably at the community college level.
• Five (5) plus years (or equivalent teaching experience in the subject area.)
• Experience in online instruction using Quality Matters.
• Active participation in professional activities and organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse campus community.
• Experienced in curriculum development, review and assessment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is envisioned to teach subjects in the area of General Business, including Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing, and other related subject areas at the associate and baccalaureate levels. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Business
Campus: Bradenton, Venice, Lakewood Ranch
Work Schedule: 9 Month
Work Hours From: Scheduled times will vary
Total Hours Per Week: 35
Requested Start Date: August 2022
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $24,000.00 - $34,731.00
Job Open Date: 06/02/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3122705
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-129a7306537ad741bb4c922c23506cf7