Lecturer, Graphic Design
Lecturer, Graphic Design
Join the SCF Humanities, Arts and Letters Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Humanities, Arts, and Letters Division seeks a Graphic Design faculty member to serve as a Lecturer and teach required courses within the discipline. Graphic Design offers an Associate of Science degree within the department of Art, Design & Humanities. Preference will be given to those with experience in Animation. A lecturer will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
2. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
3. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College guidelines to meet class schedule requirements.
4. Meets all scheduled classes and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately.
5. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
6. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
7. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
8. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
9. Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned.
10. Attends departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or administrative official.
11. Assists with development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
12. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the department.
13. Serves on College committees to which elected or appointed.
14. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the Department Chair of Coordinator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
15. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair/Program Directors for the fulfillment of departmental responsibilities.
16. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
17. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques.)
18. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive, respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the college-wide community to advance the mission of the college.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority.
• Education/Experience: A baccalaureate degree in computer graphics, graphic design, visual communication or art; or an associate degree and demonstrated competencies in computer, graphic design, visual communication or art. Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud of programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Masters degree in art, graphic design, visual communications or related field. Experience teaching at a community college or in an A.S. program. Experience teaching animation and/or work experience in animation. Have the ability to serve as gallery manager and compensated with a stipend and release time.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Humanities, Arts, and Letters
Work Schedule: 9 Month
Work Hours From: Variable
Work Hours To: Variable
Total Hours Per Week: 35
Requested Start Date: Fall 2023
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: Initial rank and salary will be determined upon hire according to the college‘s salary schedule
Job Open Date: 11/07/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3985813
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-51e18a97371b2d49bef5f8ba1110ba4f