Join our SCF Human Resources Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details.
Job Summary: Provides development, implementation, coordination, analysis, and data input of Human Resources Information record system. Functions as custodian of employee records and adheres to and trains others regarding record retention regulations. Responsible for the supervision of the Human Resources electronic and hard copy records processes and any staff providing support for these processes. This position serves as the key technical liaison between Human Resources and the Information Technology department.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Enters and maintains updated computerized records for all employees, including processing of all payroll authorizations within restrictive time frames.
2. Processes all new employees, assuring that all legal and College required documents are completed.
3. Maintains all hard copy and electronic permanent records for current and previous employees, assuring compliance with all legal and accreditation requirements.
4. Responds to routine questions from all levels of staff regarding State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota Personnel Rules and Procedures. Maintains awareness of current trends in HRIS.
5. Maintains accurate record of all budgeted regular positions and provides assistance to the Director, Human Resources for annual budget process including development of budget scenarios and budget roll process in Banner.
6. Assists managers in the preparation of annual personnel budgets for all departments.
7. Prepares annual contracts, benefit and leave statements, and workdays calendars.
8. Completes year-end processes for all personnel functions providing updates to tables and individual records in accordance with management approved changes.
9. Produces ad hoc, simple to complex reports, using Banner, ARGOS Reports or other College authorized programs to meet needs of the HR Department and College as directed by the Director, Human Resources.
10. Manages the faculty load and compensation (FLAC) payment process for adjunct faculty and overloads for full-time faculty.
11. Works with Banner consultants, IT staff, Payroll and others to trouble shoot computerized systems. Researches and resolves HRIS process flows and problems.
12. Develops and implements system updates, new processes and programs as required. Analyzes data work flows for process improvements. Maintains data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
13. Provides end user training for Human Resources / Payroll processes.
14. Conducts employee orientations for new hires.
15. Supervises Human Resources personnel providing support for the HRIS function.
16. PHI Level: No access to PHI unless specifically authorized by the Director, Human Resources or designee.
17. Completes projects and other technical assignments as delegated by the Director, Human Resources.
18. Ensures effective security access to personnel data to maintain continuity of operations and safeguard data integrity.
19. Acts as the HR “funky tech” liaison with the IT department. Attends scheduled trainings, coordinates HR Banner system upgrades/patches with IT, and trains HR staff as required.
20. Responsible for oversight of the document management system to include; scanning and imaging records, trains others in the use of the system, and provides quality assurance to ensure the accurate maintenance of records.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, accounting, computer information systems, or related field and three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Understanding of basic accounting concepts and data base management required.
·Supervisory Experience: Two or more years of direct supervisory experience, including responsibility for hiring, firing, performance management, training, and coaching is required.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, database management, spreadsheet, report writer and email software.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, current College database system essential.
- Understanding of the HRIS preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work with formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Human Resources
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $46,303-$73,159
Job Open Date: 11/04/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3603840
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-9f7318e67fe1404d98caad1d2ddbde3f