Office Supervisor, Collegiate School
Office Supervisor, Collegiate School
Join our SCF Collegiate School Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Serves as Office Supervisor and assistant to the SCF Collegiate School- Head of School, and provides assistance to instructors. Organizes and coordinates activities of the school and assists teachers, staff and students, updates and houses policies and procedures, duties of purchasing and bookkeeping, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and routine administrative details by performing the following duties:
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Ensures that all federal, state and local laws, and College policies, procedures and departmental standards are followed. Works with the Senior Head of School and instructors in their implementation of daily tasks and duties, as well as special projects.
2. Works closely with the Senior Head of School to develop procedures and best practices. Provides input in management decisions, supports the mission and vision of the department and works to maintain a positive office environment.
3. Assists in maintaining a high level of internal collaboration with administration and instructors. Assists in the collecting and compilation of information used for internal and external quality assurance.
4. Assigns various areas of responsibility per the Senior Head of School's instructions to the administrative staff and provides supervision and oversight. Supervisory responsibilities include coordinating the work of the student assistants, office interns and SCF volunteers, including parent volunteers with the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). Holds the position of PTO treasurer and attends monthly meetings.
5. Manages the ordering of school materials, including books, technology, supplies, instructor and club advisor needs. Organizes and maintains physical space of administrative areas.
6. Maintains department-specific database, inputs data and other related information and utilizes data to prepare reports. Maintains data for reporting including monitoring from the county and the state. Creates and maintains spreadsheets as needed. Creates and distributes the SCF Collegiate School newsletter weekly.
7. Acts as Budget Specialist when preparing requisitions, purchase orders, encumbrances, working in Banner and budget spreadsheets, as well as maintaining accurate records and documentation, and other related work as needed. Oversees Purchasing card transactions and reconciliation activities.
8. Coordinates travel arrangements for all teachers and staff conferences and fieldtrips, prepares travel forms and arranges for payments and reimbursement of funds, including student travel coordination for fieldtrips, club activities with instructors and coordinates transportation.
9. Coordinates weekly administrative duties with internal career level staff.
10. Works with school district departments including district liaison for charters, Manatee County School District (MCSD) food services and district accountants for grant applications and reimbursement procedures.
11. Oversees weekly timecards for career employees and the office set-up for new employees, including submitting requests for computers, telephones, long distance access codes, email and Banner access.
12. Works closely with Senior Head of School to coordinate internal and external school calendars and meeting planning for instructors, students, parents and other stakeholders.
13. Familiar with the actions of SCF's board of trustees' rules and procedures, k-12 legislation, and school safety training and legislation. Upholds policies and procedures in coordination with SCF and MCSD.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and four (4) or more years of related experience. Experience writing, editing and proof-reading documents, reports, and letters. Experience with maintaining and safeguarding confidential records. Experience with purchasing, accounting and/or budgeting. One or more years of experience as a supervisor, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees, and assisting others with problem solving, is required.
Associate’s Degree preferred. Experience in coordination of a school office or similar setting preferred. Knowledge of k-12 environments preferred and a desire to work with children.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: SCF Collegiate School
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 AM
Work Hours To: 5:00 PM
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Requested Start Date: 3/1/23
Job Type: Collegiate School
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $15.80-$23.20
Job Open Date: 02/15/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3915304
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-5459f1a84c40144dbee61fe6fc8ae961