Simulation Center Technician (Evening/Weekend) - PT 25hrs to FT 37.5hrs 10 mth
Simulation Center Technician (Evening/Weekend) - PT 25hrs to FT 37.5hrs 10-month
Join our SCF Nursing Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Simulation, the Simulation Center Technician is responsible for day-to-day operations of the center. This includes: equipment and supplies procurement, daily scheduling of users, operations of the simulation support equipment, organizing activities supporting simulation events, set up and preparation of support equipment and detailed requirements for each event, and maintenance of all equipment at the Lakewood Ranch Simulation Center.
This position will start off with 25 hours in Fall 2022 and move to FT, 37.5 hours in Spring 2023.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Under the direction of the Director, Simulation Center, develops strategies to enhance programs and services, utilizing available resources and acquiring additional tools or equipment to create a realistic learning environment.
2. Identifies opportunities for improvement and integration of patient simulation technology into existing healthcare curricula.
3. Follow policies, procedures and practice standards to support the Simulation Center goals, and educational objectives of the nursing and continuing education programs.
4. Provides guidance to faculty and students during simulation events to ensure that simulation programs meet standards of quality assurance for scope and depth of education, and user expectations.
5. Develops working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students within the College as well as with other simulation centers, community healthcare providers, and educational organizations.
6. Cross-trains as a Skills Lab Manager as directed by the Director, Simulation Center.
7. Manages preventative maintenance of equipment according to manufacturers' recommendations. Monitors and schedules maintenance to ensure that equipment is operational and updated.
8. Provides knowledge and experience of all equipment to troubleshoot and determine common issues to report to customer service for repairs. Provides hands on technical support to make repairs on all equipment with phone support from the manufacturer to minimize down time.
9. Implements software and hardware updates provided by equipment and software suppliers.
10. Manages all supplies to support simulation events and skills labs.
11. Documents supply needs as requested by the Director, Simulation Center.
12. Obtains quotes on behalf of the Director, Simulation Center, for all purchasing decisions bases on simulation support needs.
13. Researches and develops relationships with vendors for supplies and equipment.
14. Ensures that simulation equipment is functional for all group tours.
15. Provides basic maintenance, upkeep and repair of mannequins and simulation computer equipment and medical equipment.
16. Develops, maintains and prepares all simulation support materials, applications, props, and moulage for each simulation event.
17. Starts the simulation computers/system, initiates appropriate pre-design scenario(s), operates the simulation in compliance with predetermined learning objectives, closes scenario, and reinitializes system in a timely and effective manner for next session.
18. Operates cameras to capture video feed for each session and labels for archiving.
19. Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education/Experience: Associate degree or other Healthcare related license or certification in a related field; and two (2) or more years of relevant experience required: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, facilitating teams, training employees, and assisting others with problems.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position will start off with 25 hours in Fall 2022 and move to FT, 37.5 hours in Spring 2023. Position will be dependent on availability of funding.
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Nursing
Campus: Lakewood Ranch
Work Schedule: 10 Month
Work Hours From: Varies
Work Hours To: Varies
Total Hours Per Week: 25 hours to 37.5 in Spring 2023
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $15.80 - $23.20/hr
Job Open Date: 10/20/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3576073
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-340e13431b77f745bdbac800299e3eb8
Position Type: Full-time