Specialist, Accommodation Administration
Specialist, Accommodation Administration
Join our SCF Disability Resource Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details.
Job Summary: The Specialist, Accommodation Administration serves as the main point person for all inquiries. Reviews all submitted disability documentation, including medical reports, psychological evaluations, IEP/504 plans, veteran disability reports, and documentation verification forms to ensure the diagnosis and supporting information meet the required standards. Facilitates exam administration for students identified as needing specialized testing accommodations and/or assistive technology and equipment. Works one-on-one with students to facilitate and implement approved accommodations. Utilizes the Accessible Information Management (AIM) database functions to manage all student accommodations, case management and service delivery.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Reviews all submitted disability documentation, including medical reports, psychological evaluations, IEP/504 plans, veteran disability reports, and documentation verification forms to ensure the diagnosis and supporting information meet the required standards.
2. Serves as the Disability Resource Center main point person for in-person and telephone inquiries.
3. Troubleshoots and problem solves complex questions from instructors, students, families, staff, and community resources, providing education and clarification in the effective delivery of accommodations.
4. Manages and performs all functions related to the Accessible Information Management (AIM) database. This includes new student application processing, determining intake eligibility, managing all faculty accommodation letter deliveries, individual and bulk emails to specific student groups, student surveys, accommodation check-in features, student case notes, and archiving student records.
5. Facilitates exam administration for students needing specialized testing accommodations and/or assistive technology and equipment.
6. Works one-on-one with students to facilitate and implement approved accommodations including test scheduling, requesting accommodations, utilization of campus resources, and promoting self-advocacy. Provides instruction in the utilization of accommodations tailored to the specific learning style and disability needs for each student.
7. Responsible for Outlook Calendar management and scheduling intake, information session, technology training, course substitution and other student related appointments.
8. Provides reporting information regarding services utilized, students served, and disability specific information to Coordinator, Disability Resource Center.
9. Manages adaptive furniture requests, placement, and inventory. Maintains equipment/technology inventory and purchasing.
10. Maintains computers in the DRC lab and testing rooms.
11. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Education/Experience: A Baccalaureate degree is required from a regionally accredited institution in psychology, education, business, computers, or a related field and at least two (2) years of administrative or customer-facing work experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Previous experience working in a postsecondary institution and/or working with individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Disability Resource Center
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $16.43-$24.64
Job Open Date: 04/21/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4122132
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-d5ee61fb5d47c64aac07c250fc7e59a4