Specialist, Accommodation and Assistive Technology
Specialist, Accommodation and Assistive Technology:
Join our SCF Disability Resource Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details.
Job Summary: The Specialist, Accommodation and Assistive Technology serves as the main point person for all inquiries. Reviews all submitted disability documentation, including medical reports, psychological evaluations, IEP/504 plans, veteran disability reports, and documentation verification forms to ensure the diagnosis and supporting information meet the required standards. Facilitates exam administration for specialized students identified as needing private testing accommodations and/or assistive technology and specialized equipment. Works one-on-one with students to facilitate and implement approved accommodations. Utilizes the Accessible Information Management (AIM) database functions to manage all student accommodations, case management and service delivery.
1. Reviews all submitted disability documentation, including medical reports, psychological evaluations, IEP/504 plans, veteran disability reports, and documentation verification forms to ensure the diagnosis and supporting information meet the required standards.
2. Serves as the main point person for prospective and current DRC students, SCF staff, family members, and general community inquiries. Answers instructor questions, providing education and clarification of their role in the effective delivery of accommodations.
3. Utilizes the Accessible Information Management (AIM) database functions for case management functions including new student application processing, coordinating intake and information session appointments, managing all faculty accommodation letter deliveries, individual and bulk emails to specific student groups, student surveys, accommodation check-in features, student case notes, and archiving student records.
4. Facilitates exam administration for specialized students identified as needing private testing accommodations and/or assistive technology and specialized equipment.
5. Works one-on-one with students to facilitate and implement approved accommodations including test scheduling, requesting accommodations, utilization of campus resources, and promoting self-advocacy. Provides instruction in the utilization of accommodations tailored to the specific learning style and disability needs for each student.
6. Serves as back-up for new student intake appointments during peak times and when staff are out of the office.
7. Provides reporting information regarding services utilized, students served, and disability specific information to Coordinator, Disability Resource Center.
8. Manages adaptive furniture requests, placement, and inventory. Maintains equipment/technology inventory and purchasing.
9. Maintains computers in the DRC lab and testing rooms . 1
0. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications • Education/Experience:A Baccalaureate degree is required from a regionally accredited institution in psychology, education, business, computers, or a related field and at least two (2) years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities. Experience working with assistive technology and universal design principles are required. • Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead employee” with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees and assisting others with problems.
Preferred Qualifications Previous experience working in a postsecondary institution.
Special Instructions to Applicants All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks. Department Name: Disability Resource Center Campus: Bradenton Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: 8:00 am Work Hours To: 4:30 pm Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 Requested Start Date: ASAP Job Type: Benefits Eligible: Yes Hiring Range: $16.43 - $24.64 per hour FLSA: Non-Exempt Job Open Date: 06/14/2022 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3148112 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-5d0c49da4328584fa766753be1016b09