Specialist, Central Services
Specialist, Central Services
Join our SCF Central Services Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Performs all work related to Central Services operations.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Picks up U.S. mail each morning from the U.S. post office.
2. Sorts, all US and campus mail.
3. Sorts and deliver packages across campus as needed.
4. Processes certified, bulk and priority mail requests.
5. Assists College staff in setting up bulk mailings for College sponsored materials.
6. Operates high-speed production copy machines to meet in-house printing needs.
7. Binds and punches materials as required.
8. Maintains and clean machinery.
9. Fills the requests for in-house supplies and forms.
10. Acts as campus courier to include business errands to post office, order pick-ups from vendors etc. as needed.
11. Operates and maintains forklift and pallet jacks.
12. Receives, inspects, and separates incoming freight, and retains stock for departments as needed.
13. Processes orders including entering data in college's financial system.
14. Acts as liaison with UPS, FedEx, assorted carriers and campus departments receiving freight.
15. Develops standards to ensure prompt and efficient delivery of material and services to proper campus locations; coordinate delivery, receiving, and storage with campus departments.
16. Processes UPS invoices for payment in a timely manner.
17. Answers incoming department telephone calls and emails for the purpose of responding to telephone requests for information/services.
18. Maintains safety regulations and awareness in moving materials and handling hazardous materials.
19. Monitors and assists loading and unloading of merchandise.
20. Organizes and maintains a clean work environment including assigned vehicles and equipment.
21. Responsible for maintaining electronic recycling containers, coordinating with IT and the vendor for pick-ups as well as verifying items sent for recycling have been properly disposed of.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Central Services
Work Schedule: 12 month
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Requested Start Date: January 2023
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $15.20-$19.30
Job Open Date: 11/03/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3776148
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-766d31b877258d42a57bcf26727d339a