Join our SCF Office of the Registrar Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: This position provides support for all functions of the Student Services area related to articulation, transcript evaluations, office assistance, international students, and residency reclassification. This position plays a key role in the transfer articulation module and the download of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) transcripts. This position provides services to students, advisors, faculty, various departments, outside personnel and external agencies concerning post-secondary transfer work and international student services.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Performs and processes graduation applications and determines degree eligibility; includes completing degree evaluations for all SCF degree and certificate programs at the time of application and final degree certification.
2. Identifies unmet degree requirements and advises on an ongoing basis with students regarding degree completion. Also, answers degree questions for faculty, staff, and administrators.
3. Manages and monitors exceptions and exemptions regarding individual student degree plans in according with College policies and procedures and/or upper-level management decisions.
4. Works with appropriate staff to process course substitutions based on policy and the decisions of appropriate academic personnel.
5. Serves as an active participant of the College's Curriculum Development Review. Committee and provides advice and guidance regarding curriculum changes that affect degree requirements for all programs. Also, will attend Advising Meetings in order to understand current and future advising initiatives that relate to graduation.
6. Certifies program completions for all baccalaureate, associate, and certificate degrees and programs. Will initiate auto-graduation process while monitoring various processes and procedures for constant improvement. Furthermore, a proactive analysis approach to graduation in order to increase the awarding of credentials.
7. Assists with and promotes submissions for the Outstanding Graduate Award (OGA) each term. This includes coordinating efforts with the Coordinator of Student Life regarding eligibility requirements and submission deadlines.
8. Assists in the preparation and facilitation of all graduation ceremonies, including mailing information to students, running reports for the graduation program, and organizing volunteers. Serves as a liaison for graduation preparation with the department of Communications and Marketing. In addition, distributes tickets to graduates as well as those that RSVP for the ceremony.
9. Assists with updates and maintenance of the departmental graduation web page.
10. Manages submission of graduation applications, attendance forms, and surveys.
11. Assists with the end-of-term processing of grades, including associated reports, processing, and generating letters to students for academic standings, Dean's and President's lists.
12. Assists with the preparation of the National Student Clearinghouse degree completion extract reports by uploading data to the national web site; includes submitting corrections and generating final reports.
13. Keeps abreast of current SACS and Florida Department of Education requirements and policies concerning accreditation, transfer work, degree requirements, etc.
14. Assists with administrative support and supervision and performs additional duties as assigned.
· Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and three or more years of related experience and/or training within student services; master’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead employee” with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees and assisting others with problems.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Office of the Registrar
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00am
Work Hours To: 4:30pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Hiring Range: $16.43-$24.64
Job Open Date: 04/11/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4097376
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-f7c531dafb8f5d428338b376ecfe99a6