Specialist, Instructional Design
Join our SCF Online Learning Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
- The Specialist, Instructional Design, under the leadership of the Director, CTLE & Online Learning, is responsible to provide leadership, expertise, and creativity to support and inspire faculty in the successful integration of technology into teaching and learning.
- The Specialist, Instructional Design helps faculty develop and design effective strategies to integrate course content into an online and blended course while achieving specific course outcomes.
- The Specialist, Instructional Design uses a variety of pedagogical strategies, as well as technological tools, to accomplish those objectives using both classroom, online and blended, and individualized training.
- Guides faculty in the design, redesign and development of course goals, content and instructional strategies and activities for online, blended, and technologically enhanced courses.
- Assists faculty and staff in developing strategies for evaluating learning outcomes for online, blended, and technologically enhanced courses. Encourages the appropriate application of technology in the online, blended, and technologically enhanced classroom.
- Evaluates current online, blended, and technologically advanced courses for compliance with course design standards and accept design principles.
- Develops and teaches mini-courses and workshops and provides one-on-one consulting for faculty developing courses and course components for electronic delivery. Researches and evaluates commercially produced software and courseware.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications ·
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in instructional technology or related field and two years experience integrating technology into the teaching/learning process; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Quality Matters certification is a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This onsite position in Bradenton, FL
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference.
Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Online Learning
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: 2.20.2023
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $41,453-$65,495
Job Open Date: 02/02/2023
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3860678
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment.
Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-433a8e4a40d3bc4b8814aa5a48f0e2fd
Position Type: Full-time