Supplemental Instruction Specialist Collegiate Schools-Paraprofessional Multiple positions
Supplemental Instruction Specialist Collegiate Schools-Paraprofessional Multiple positions:
Join our SCF Collegiate School Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Oversees student learning activities at State College of Florida Collegiate School (SCFCS). This person engages with a large number of students every day, teaching and reinforcing the skills and strategies to help students become independent and active learners, while providing content specific support. This person develops, organizes, updates, and maintains relevant study materials, coordinates learning initiatives with the SCFCS team.
Job Description Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Assists in the supervision of students and assists staff members with behavioral management as assigned.
2. Assists in creating a safe learning environment and provides a safe and secure workplace.
3. Implements classroom activities as directed and performs clerical duties as assigned.
4. Collaborates with teachers and assists with the development of instructional materials.
5. Assist with the preparation of accurate records and reports.
6. Communicates effectively with staff and parents. Intervenes, when appropriate, to situations concerning discipline of students.
7. Demonstrates initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities and exhibits interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member. 8. Follows attendance, punctuality, and proper dress rules. Models and maintains high ethical standards and maintains confidentiality regarding school matters.
9. Participate in workshops and training sessions as required.
10. Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner and keeps supervisor informed of potential problems or unusual events.
11. Follow all SCFCS and SCF policies, rules and regulations and demonstrates support for SCFCS and its goals and priorities.
12. Collaborates with SCFCS team to identify specific student academic and study skills issues and assist with assessing student progress. Designs and implements individualized student development activities and materials on a case-by-case basis to help students achieve academic improvement consistent with their goals, values, interests, and abilities.
13. Keeps current on changing professional practices and the growing use of instructional technologies. Learns, manages, implements, and trains in the use of current study skills and academic software platforms, learning management systems, printing systems, etc. Instructs staff and students in their appropriate use. Troubleshoots common issues.
14. Works collaboratively with other SCFCS staff members to ensure smooth operation of classroom assistance: organizes and updates student assistance records, participates in selection of learning resource materials and other supplies for purchase, Supervises students until parent pick up.
15. Perform other tasks or duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications · Education/Experience: High School Diploma or general education degree and three or more years’ experience in an educational setting required.
Preferred Qualifications Previous experience working with high school students preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants Position is subject to availability of funding and will serve in a paraprofessional role. Multiple positions will be filled from this posting. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks. Department Name: SCF Collegiate School Campus: Bradenton, Venice Work Schedule: 10 Month Work Hours From: 8:00 am Work Hours To: 5:00 pm Total Hours Per Week: 40 Requested Start Date: ASAP Job Type: Benefits Eligible: Yes Hiring Range: $24,600 - $36,900 FLSA: Exempt Job Open Date: 02/04/2022 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3151750 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-fb9faafca3f57c43b6f39981da1af911