Do you have a strong mechanical engineering and automation background? Do you thrive on leading engineering teams in designing custom engineered solutions in automation, robotics and packaging equipment? RND Automation, a rapidly expanding robotic automation, assembly & packaging equipment company is seeking an Engineering Manager for Florida's largest industrial automatic, robotics, and packaging machinery manufacturer in Lakewood Ranch, Florida.
The Engineering Manager will manage of all aspects of engineering, including, but not limited to, mechanical design, electrical/controls design, PLC, HMI, robot, & vision programming. This includes a seat on the Management Team. It is the role of this position to provide direction and manage the standards and process for how machines are designed, as well as what components are chosen for the designs. It is the responsibility of this position to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget for the engineering phase. To support the engineering phase, this position will also attend all project design reviews and most project huddles.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess, manage, and delegate mechanical and electrical resources with the assistance of the Mechanical & Controls Lead Engineers.
• Provide vision on product technical roadmap and develop employees and technology in critical areas.
• Discuss and follow-up on project progress with Director of Operations, ensuring employees deliver on their commitments.
• Define guidelines governing the team’s methods and standards and challenge their relevancy and enforce the process.
• Oversee the development, design, and implement control strategies for robots and other automation equipment using PLCs, motion controllers, and industrial PCs
• Assist with and oversee the selection of outside sources, electrical drives, motors, robots, slides, pneumatics and controllers from outside suppliers.
• Guide the development of specifications for the design of GUIs and other HMIs
• Develop and enforce design and coding processes, design reviews, and verification plans
• Read, evaluate, and adhere to customer equipment specifications, in house proposals, and standard processes.
• Assess and mentor Engineering Staff – Provide Educational Development and Cross-training path for team members.
• Prepare and implement reviews for primary and secondary reports.
• Act as part of the Management Team for furthering RND’s goals and future development.
• Actively participate in project design reviews and project huddles.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Engineering Lead or Manager
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience designing automation, robotics and/or packaging equipment. Horizontal and/or Vertical Form Fill and Seal Equipment. Experience in custom automation assembly machinery, robotics and other industrial machinery is a major plus.
• Knowledge of film chemistry, heat, pressure, and time requirements for the production of thermoformed rigid and flexible packages.
• While the Engineering Manager does not have to be an expert programmer, knowledge of Allen Bradley control systems and I/O communication is required.
• Should be an expert at reducing costs through simplifications, standardization and make/buy decisions when designing industrial machinery.
• Ability to work with sales, supply chain, and manufacturing departments to ensure a closed loop system of documentation and standardization of machinery.
• Please apply to Marna Perkins at email@example.com •
Principals ONLY - No Recruiters Please RND Automation Supports Equal Opportunity Employment & Diversity
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $100,000 and Up/year
Employer Type: Private Company