Manager, Tutoring and Academic Success Center (TASC)
Manager, Tutoring and Academic Success Center (TASC)
Join our Tutoring and Academic Success Center team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: The Manager coordinates instruction and scheduling of the Tutoring and Academic Success Center (TASC), maintains supply levels, usage records, equipment and materials. The Manager provides management and oversight of the College Tutoring and Academic Success Centers on all campuses, and supervises Tutoring and Academic Success Center employees, temps, volunteers and student help.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Provides leadership for the Tutoring and Academic Success Center operations on all SCF campuses, ensuring optimal support services.
2. Develops the goals, objectives, and activities for the Tutoring and Academic Success Centers in support of the College Institutional Strategic Plan and the College Goals.
3. Oversees the processes to search, screen, hire, evaluate, and train all related staff within the Tutoring and Academic Success Centers.
4. Serves as supervisor, evaluator, and coach for all Tutoring and Academic Success Center programs and personnel.
5. Manages the Tutoring and Academic Success Center budget. Coordinates the selection, purchase, and evaluation of learning resource equipment and materials for use in the Tutoring and Academic Success Centers.
6. Provides general oversight of operations and application of resources at all Tutoring and Academic Success Center locations. Collects, analyzes, and evaluates TASC data for use in budget preparation.
7. Monitors and maintains TASC inventory of capital equipment, ensuring equipment stays in good working order. Monitors and maintains updated inventory of educational support materials. Orders and provides texts and materials for classes each semester.
8. Directs the creation, implementation, and participation in training and professional development for all Tutoring and Academic Success Center staff.
9. Facilitates interdepartmental tutoring dialogues through meetings and regular communication among departments. Coordinate interdepartmental work on issues related to programmatic assessment, interventions, and other academic support initiatives.
10. Collaborates with faculty, course coordinators, and other academic leadership to determine content, structure, and presentation of academic support services, including workshops, tutoring, skills labs, and developmental math and English courses.
11. Collects, analyzes, and disseminates tutoring data and reports. Analyzes progress and trends and makes appropriate recommendations for future programs and initiatives.
12. Mentors and trains new student tutors. Develops and maintains the tutor training manual and training materials.
13. Provides orientation and training to adjunct faculty, staff, and students in proper procedures, policies, and use of services within the TASC. 14. Develops guidelines and evaluation tools for needs assessment in areas of student satisfaction, center effectiveness, and delivery of services.
15. Works with the Dean of Students to develop and maintain a safe and effective learning environment, plan future changes/improvements in TASC services, design, operation, and physical setup.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and five or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supervisory Experience: Two or more years of direct supervisory experience, including responsibility for hiring, firing, performance management, training and coaching is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Tutoring and Academic Success Center
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $46,303-$73,159
Job Open Date: 03/15/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4007036
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-d38c17b3018fa746abd2f0529ab8bc84