Facilities Scheduling Manager
This position is responsible for scheduling the operations of the Facilities Department and its contractors.
The Facilities Department is a service department that provides maintenance, repair, renovations and new installations to the entire Mote organization, 365 days a year which includes weekends and holidays. This position requires a high level of organization, excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude with a “customer” focused goal of satisfying all maintenance requests in a timely and positive manner. Must be able to keep up with a continuous but often uneven workload, provide excellent “customer” service, work well with staff, interns and volunteers and be able to coordinate with various other departments. Reports directly to Mote Facilities Director.
- Responds to all maintenance requests received in person, by phone and email
- Tracks and maintains the working schedules of the Mote Facilities team to provide 365 days a year support to the organization
- Communicate effectively with all maintenance requesters that the maintenance request has been received, provide a timeline for completion, and follow up with a job completion notification
- Schedule all work to be completed by Mote facilities staff and its associated outside contractors at all of Mote’s facilities
- Develop relationships with outside contractors to facilitate the completion of maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner
- Discover or develop, then implement and maintain an electronic record keeping system that tracks all maintenance requests and subsequent actions taken and communicates back to the requester
- Prepare POs related to maintenance department activities and deliver them to necessary account managers for their approvals
- Other duties as assigned by Mote Facilities Director
Typical operating hours are 8am-5pm but due to the nature of this position weekend, holiday and evening or early morning duty may occasionally be required.
Non-Exempt (Federal Fair Labor Standards Act)
Basic computer software skills with spreadsheets, word processing, etc. and willingness to learn new electronic scheduling and purchase order skills. Time management and organizational skills a must, as are communications with a wide variety of personnel.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Preferred 3 years’ experience in a service operation with scheduling responsibilities.
Ability to safely lift 70 pounds
Good verbal communication skills
Able to safely work on ladders and elevated platforms
Interested applicants should apply on line by choosing the job “2022 Facilities Scheduling Manager” at https://mote.smapply.org/prog/job_applicants or mail a single package including cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references to Mote Marine Laboratory, Attn: Human Resources, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236 before 5pm May 27, 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected category. Mote participates in E-Verify
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $41,000 - $60,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company