Join our SCF Facilities team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, 2-week paid Winter Break *upon Board of Trustee approval, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details.
Job Summary: Establishes, maintains, and enhances grounds of College Campus by performing the following duties.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Cuts lawns, trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls. Operates gas-powered equipment.
2. Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or removes damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
3. Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts.
4. Rakes and bags leaves. Cleans grounds and removes litter.
5. Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs. Waters lawn and shrubs.
6. Cleans tools and equipment after use.
7. Moves furniture to and from various locations on Campus.
8. Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). A minimum of 3 months experience in grounds maintenance required, preferably in Florida.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Facilities Planning & Maintenance
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 7:00 am
Work Hours To: 3:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: starting at $15.00 per hour
Job Open Date: 06/08/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3132429
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-cdfd8a5efa131847bc5ca924c34ee938