Trades Worker III Electrician
Trades Worker III Electrician
Join our SCF Facilities and Maintenance Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, paid Winter Break (upon Board approval), access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
2. Follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
3. Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit. Pulls wiring through conduit. Drills holes for wiring and pulls or pushes wiring through opening.
4. Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels. Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
5. Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
6. Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
7. Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
8. Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
9. All other duties assigned.
· Education/Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and completion of additional training at technical school and five or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees, and assisting others with problems, is required.
· Certificates and Licenses: Journeyman’s Electrical License, Valid Florida Driver’s License
Special Instructions to Applicants
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process! All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Facilities Planning & Maintenance
Work Schedule: 12 month
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $20.54-$24.64
Job Open Date: 05/17/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4197242
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-e1f238f2da35d74fbfd51cf1ee3a9965
Position Type: Full-time