Simulation Center Technician
Join our SCF Nursing Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more! Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Simulation, the Simulation Center Technician is responsible for day to day operations of the center. This includes: equipment and supplies procurement, daily scheduling of users, operations of the simulation support equipment, organizing activities supporting simulation events, set up and preparation of support equipment and detailed requirements for each event, and maintenance of all equipment at the Lakewood Ranch Simulation Center.
Job Description Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Under the direction of the Director of Simulation, develops strategies to enhance programs and services, utilizing available resources and acquiring additional tools or equipment to create a realistic learning environment.
2. Identifies opportunities for improvement and integration of patient simulation technology into existing healthcare curricula.
3. Follow policies, procedures and practice standards to support the Simulation Center goals, and educational objectives of the nursing and continuing education programs.
4. Provides guidance to faculty and students during simulation events to ensure that simulation programs meet standards of quality assurance for scope and depth of education, and user expectations.
5. Develops working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students within the College as well as with other simulation centers, community healthcare providers, and educational organizations.
6. Cross-trains as a Skills Lab Manager as directed by the Director of Simulation.
7. Manages preventative maintenance of equipment according to manufacturers' recommendations. Monitors and schedules maintenance to ensure that equipment is operational and updated.
8. Provides knowledge and experience of all equipment to troubleshoot and determine common issues to report to customer service for repairs. Provides hands on technical support to make repairs on all equipment with phone support from the manufacturer to minimize down time.
9. Implements software and hardware updates provided by equipment and software suppliers.
10. Manages all supplies to support simulation events and skills labs.
11. Documents supply needs as requested by the Director of Simulation.
12. Obtains quotes on behalf of the Director of Simulation, for all purchasing decisions bases on simulation support needs.
13. Researches and develops relationships with vendors for supplies and equipment.
14. Ensures that simulation equipment is functional for all group tours.
15. Provides basic maintenance, upkeep and repair of mannequins and simulation computer equipment and medical equipment.
16. Develops, maintains and prepares all simulation support materials, applications, props, and moulage for each simulation event.
17. Starts the simulation computers/system, initiates appropriate pre-design scenario(s), operates the simulation in compliance with predetermined learning objectives, closes scenario, and reinitializes system in a timely and effective manner for next session.
18. Operates cameras to capture video feed for each session and labels for archiving.
19. Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education/Experience: Associate degree in a related field; and two (2) or more years of relevant experience required: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, facilitating teams, training employees, and assisting others with problems.
Special Instructions to Applicants All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks. Department Name: Nursing Campus: Lakewood Ranch Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: Work Hours To: Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours Requested Start Date: Spring 2022 Job Type: Benefits Eligible: Yes Hiring Range: $14.93 - $22.39 per hour (please not that majority of applicants will be offered at midpoint of range) FLSA: Non-Exempt Job Open Date: 12/06/2021 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2688702 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-7ffd0cfee73ee8458c330461a250c3bf
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year