Director, Human Resources
Director, Human Resources
Join our SCF Human Resources Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for planning, directing, and providing oversight of the administration of all aspects of the College wide Human Resources function. Provides strategic input to management regarding staffing, compensation, benefits, professional development, and the diversity initiatives of the College. Serves as resource and counselor to managers and senior administration.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Directs, develops, plans budgets and supervises the activities of College human resources functions to meet College strategic and annual goals, including recruitment, employee benefits, compensation, and professional development.
2. Analyzes and reports to senior management on all issues affecting employment, including but not limited to, turnover, benefits utilization, professional development, market competitiveness, etc.
3. Oversees the maintenance of records for all employees and job applicants in accordance with Federal, State Statutes and local regulations, College Rules, and SACS guidelines.
4. Participates in on-going professional development to keep abreast of current regulatory and management employment and benefit trends.
5. Reviews job descriptions and ensures updates as necessary. Recommends position classifications on new positions and reclassifications of current positions from information provided by departmental supervisors or their designated representative and the employment coordinator, and in accordance with the College job evaluation program.
6. Provides regular consultation to President's Advisory Council on human resources issues and serves as a member of various College and community committees regarding employment, benefits, participation in grant contracts, and personnel budgeting issues.
7. Conducts wage and salary surveys to obtain comparable data on compensation practices of other organizations; and maintains market competitive position of State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota staff.
8. Prepares salary schedules and develops College-wide compensation and benefits budgets annually.
9. Develops College wide Human Resources rules and procedures and provides explanation as necessary.
10. Keeps current on Federal and State Statutes, Board of Education regulations, Attorney General and counsel opinions concerning College employees and disseminates same to College officials on a need-to-know basis.
11. Provides oversight of Equity initiatives to recruit and retain diverse faculty and staff.
12. Researches, recommends for implementation, and administers Benefits Program including medical, life, disability insurance, retirement, worker's compensation and unemployment, and other benefits to meet the needs of employees and market competition.
13. Develops professional development programs for management and career staff. Oversees orientation of all new employees.
14. Prepares and presents recommendations to the District Board of Trustees regarding policies, rules, and programs related to the Human Resources function.
15. Develops and oversees maintenance of human resource function of College ERP system.
16. Supervises, evaluates, and coaches the Human Resources staff.
17. HIPAA Compliance Officer.
18. PHI Level: Full access to PHI.
19. Provides and maintains cellular telephone services and is accessible by cellular phone to the College at all times, except during duly authorized holidays and approved vacation, personal or sick leave.
• Education/Experience: Master’s degree in related field from an accredited university and seven or more years’ related management level experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supervisory Experience: More than five years of direct supervisory experience, including formal training in supervision, is required for this position.
• SHRM-CP certification required or must have ability to acquire within one year of hire.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Human Resources
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $72,078.00 - Negotiable
Job Open Date: 06/08/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3132426
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5220, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-4b7dd8e72f0b3942aa19e3f7c14070b8