Coordinator, IT/Coding Academy Enrollment
Coordinator, IT/Coding Academy Enrollment
Join our Center for Advanced Technology and Innovation Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
The Coordinator, IT/Coding Academy Enrollment is responsible for engaging and fostering relationships within internal academic departments, industry partners, external stakeholders, school district CTE personnel, donors, and community partners to advance the visibility of the IT/Coding Academy on a local and regional level. In doing so, the role will be instrumental in increasing student involvement, industry certification completions, Associate of Science (AS) recruitment and job placement for students. The Coordinator, IT/Coding Academy Enrollment will coordinate with the College’s A.S. Departments to align the information technology course offerings with industry certifications and prep courses offered by the IT/Coding Academy. The Coordinator, IT/Coding Academy Enrollment will develop strategies to increase industry certification participation among secondary and post-secondary students.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Develop a pipeline and actively build partnerships with SCF Academic programs, Career-Source, Cross- College Alliance, School Districts of Manatee and Sarasota counties, local Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Organizations, SCORE, SBDC, Florida High Tech Corridor, non-profits, and other workforce development and information technology entities in the region.
2. Promotes visibility of IT/Coding Academy initiatives through outreach to students and faculty. Collaborates with A.S. program managers and faculty to promote courses, academic A.S programs, and IT/Coding Academy courses.
3. Develop strategies for distributing grant funds to eligible college students and alumni by creating strategies for enhanced industry certification participation.
4. Maximize revenue including facilitating space for meetings, organizing events, and organizing competitions such as hack-a-thons and robotics tournaments.
5. Collaborate with student clubs through Student Life to develop opportunities for students to use the equipment in the Innovation Zone and AR/VR Lab to discover emerging technology career opportunities.
6. Plan and implement regularly scheduled traffic-generating and networking events to drive awareness of the IT/Coding Academy, Innovation Zone, and AR/VR Lab.
7. Communicate certification courses, bootcamps, intensive courses, events, and activities to campus community and external community.
8. Work with the Specialist, IT/Coding Academy to set up courses in appropriate systems (e.g., Ad Astra, Lumens and Canvas Catalog) for implementation and delivery of programs. Develop and execute plan to deliver agreed-upon student enrollment and experiential learning opportunities for students.
9. Identify and secure funding opportunities through grants, donations, partnerships, and sponsorships in conjunction with college and community resources.
10. Maintain contact database (HubSpot) including all leads, program participants, and participants in FIRST LEGO League.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and experience in education technology and/or educational outreach. Experience or ability to network with a broad array of internal and external constituents.
• Certificates and Licenses: Valid Florida driver’s license. Preferred Qualifications Special Instructions to Applicants Please note this position is grant funded and subject to availability of funding. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Center for Advanced Technology and Innovation Campus: Bradenton Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: Work Hours To: Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 Requested Start Date: ASAP Job Type: Benefits Eligible: Yes Hiring Range: $41,453-$65,495 FLSA: Exempt Job Open Date: 09/19/2022 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3462719 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-758b9bc24f27ee4390a934776044fa5f
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $41,000 - $60,000/year