Specialist, IT/Coding Academy
Specialist, IT/Coding Academy
Join our Center for Advanced Technology and Innovation Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Organizes and coordinates activities of the IT/Coding Academy and assists the Director, staff, instructors and students. Provides information to stakeholders interested in the IT/Coding Academy. Develops informational packets, coordinates purchasing and bookkeeping, and other related clerical and administrative duties for the programs within the IT/Coding Academy.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all the following duties:
1. Ensures that all federal, state, and local laws, and College policies, procedures and departmental standards are followed. Works with the IT/Coding Academy Director and non-credit instructors in their implementation of daily tasks and duties, as well as special projects.
2. Works closely with Director to develop procedures and best practices. Provides input in management decisions, supports the mission and vision of IT/Coding Academy, and works to maintain a positive office environment.
3. Assists in maintaining a high level of internal collaboration with administration and non-credit instructors. Assists in the collecting and compilation of information used for internal and external quality assurance.
4. Provides clerical support to Director, IT/Coding Academy including correspondence and coordination of master calendar, schedules appointments and classes, promotes building events and responds to inquiries as appropriate.
5. Serves as lead on coordinating the work of the student employees, college interns and IT/Coding Academy volunteers.
6. Directs preparation of records such as agenda, notices, and minutes for meetings, reports and other assignments as delegated by Director, IT/Coding Academy.
7. Maintains department-specific database, inputs data and other related information and utilizes data to prepare reports. Maintains data for reporting including monitoring from the county and the state. Creates and maintains spreadsheets as needed.
8. Prepares requisitions, purchase orders, encumbrances, working in Banner and budget spreadsheets, as well as maintaining accurate records and documentation, and other related work as needed. Oversees Purchasing card transactions and reconciliation activities.
9. Coordinates travel arrangements for director and staff conferences and student fieldtrips, prepares travel forms and arranges for payments and reimbursement of funds, including student travel coordination for fieldtrips, club activities with instructors and coordinates transportation.
10. Coordinates activities and provides reports for various governmental or community agencies as assigned by Director, IT/Coding Academy.
11. Maintains administrative inventory; orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two or more years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note this position is grant funded and subject to availability of funding. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.
Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Center for Advanced Technology and Innovation Campus: Bradenton Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: Work Hours To: Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 Requested Start Date: ASAP Job Type: Benefits Eligible: Yes Hiring Range: $15.80-23.20 FLSA: Job Open Date: 09/19/2022 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3462725 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-972c2dbcb343ba4eb0696d8821c8b4c9
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year