Irrigation Technician I
Responsible for maintenance and repair of all Lakewood Ranch Inter-District Authority irrigation systems.
This position will assist in major system piping repairs as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years on-the-job irrigation experience and/or the ability to learn irrigation system repair and maintenance.
- Must maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in irrigation system installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Must have knowledge of fundamental principles of water piping systems and irrigation control.
- Must have mechanical knowledge of plastic piping systems, machines, and tools, including their uses and maintenance.
- Must have experience with irrigation control equipment.
- Must be computer literate, which includes but is not limited to, proficiency in a Microsoft Windows environment, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
1. Locate residential irrigation curb stops, troubleshoot supply problems, and replace curb stops as required.
2. Assist with troubleshooting and repair of irrigation controls.
3. Perform irrigation system preventative maintenance as defined.
4. Assist with major repairs to irrigation distribution mains and sub-mains.
5. Perform test operation of irrigation system.
6. Comply with Organization and governmental safety regulations.
7. Participate in emergency on-call program, to respond to emergency situations requiring mechanical repairs to a variety of equipment or other related problems.
1. Work is performed outdoors exposed to typical weather conditions.
2. Physical risks include working in and around roadways and traffic and working in and around excavation sites.
Normal working hours are 7:00am to 5:30pm, 40 hours per week, Monday through Thursday.
Full job description available upon request.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity