Electrician - 1st & 2nd Shift Opportunities
Pierce Manufacturing Inc. is the leading North American manufacturer of custom fire apparatus. Products include custom and commercial pumpers, aerials, rescue trucks, wildland trucks, mini pumpers, elliptical tankers, and homeland security apparatus.
The Electrician position is responsible for installing and connecting various electrical wiring systems on heavy trucks. The electrician is also responsible for ensuring electrical systems are operating correctly for each unit.
- Install and connect various electric wiring systems
- Install rough electric conduct and boxes according to blueprints
- Pull wires and harnesses through chassis or body
- Mount standard and optional equipment and all necessary electrical wiring
- Conduct functional tests of electrical systems
- Correct or adjust any identified problems
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills
- Regular attendance required
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Six months or more related experience
Preferred Qualifications to complete Essential Functions
- Technical degree/certificate in Automotive Technology, Diesel, Electro-Mechanical or related field or experience in automotive of truck electrical repair and diagnostics
- Demonstrated experience using various small and pneumatic hand tools
- Knowledge of AC/DC electricity
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, shop orders, and computer ordering and inventory program
Other Physical Requirements
*All positions require the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Detailed physical job analysis available upon request.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Sense of sound is required
- Sense of balance is required
- Limb and finger dexterity is required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform twisting, turning, bending, climbing, pushing, and pulling motions
- Ability to lift at least 80lbs
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)—steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, vest
Working conditions will be inside and outside where temperatures will vary from extreme heat to extreme cold for extended periods of time. This position is regularly exposed to vibration and loud noises.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type: Full-time
Employer Type: Private Company