Fabricator - 1st & 2nd Shift Opportunities
Pierce Manufacturing Inc. is the leading North American manufacturer of custom fire apparatus. Products include customer and commercial pumpers, aerials, rescue trucks, wildland trucks, mini pumpers, elliptical tankers, and homeland security apparatus.
The position, Fabricator B, is responsible for setting up and operating a minimum of two fabrication machines from the following list: cold cut saw, band saw, drill press, deburr, grind, and/or shears. The Fabricator must be able to use these machines to cut, grind, and drill.
- Read job orders and/or blueprints for specifications such as material, type, size of stock, and dimension to be cut
- Obtain and transfer stock to machine; this may require operating a forklift when necessary
- Start machine and observe operation
- Measure work for conformance to specifications
- Follow designated procedures for preventative and scheduled maintenance on machines
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills
- Regular attendance required
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Three months or more related experience
Preferred Qualifications to complete Essential Functions
- Previous experience with cold cut saw, band saw, drill press, deburr, grind, and/or shears
- Demonstrated experience using measuring devices, including but not limited to tape measures, height gauges, calipers, and micrometers
- Demonstrated experience using various small and pneumatic hand tools
- Ability to read blueprints
Other Physical Requirements
*All positions require the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Detailed physical job analysis available upon request.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Sense of sound is required
- Sense of balance is required
- Limb and finger dexterity is required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform twisting, turning, bending, climbing, pushing, and pulling motions
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)—steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, vest
Working conditions will be inside and outside where temperatures will vary from extreme heat to extreme cold for extended periods of time. This position is regularly exposed to vibration and loud noises.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type: Full-time
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes