At Pierce Manufacturing, we build trucks that protect people and communities around the world. To our team, there is no room for anything less than providing the absolute best. Since 1913, building truck bodies on Model T Ford chassis in an old converted church has evolved to creating highly customized, carefully designed and engineering pumpers, aerials, tankers and rescue units that have no equal. Today, you'll find more than 30,000 Pierce apparatuses on the road that are making a difference in people's lives, every day. To us, every step in the process of building our trucks is personal. From innovation and expertise, to the customization and service. Our trucks are designed to perform under the toughest conditions.
The Layout Designer will support engineers with drawing layouts by utilizing computer-aided drafting software. This role will also be responsible for creating new and modified components and Bill of Materials (BOM) in accordance to the Oshkosh standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Update current drawings per markups based on direction from engineering; re-master CAD drawings to current format.
- Use computer-aided drafting systems to create 3D and 2D layouts, following the direction of design team members.
- Self-check own work to ensure accuracy and organization, dimension and tolerance convention, and conformance with established CAD specifications and standards.
- Utilize ERP systems to create part numbers following the proper naming process and data entry requirements.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent* with two (2) years of experience in drafting/design.
- Associate degree or equivalent* with three (3) years of experience in drafting/design.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Capable of using standard Windows Office tools including SharePoint, email, and CAD tools.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Physical Demands: Frequent Sitting, Visual, Typing, Fine Dexterity, Manual Dexterity, Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion; Occasional Hearing, Talking; Seldom Standing, Walking/Running, Bending/Kneeling, Hearing.
Position Type: Full-time
Employer Type: Private Company