Painters - 1st & 2nd Shift Opportunities
Pierce Manufacturing Inc. is the leading North American manufacturer of custom fire apparatus. Products include custom and commercial pumpers, aerials. rescue trucks. wildland trucks, mini pumpers. elliptical tankers. and homeland security apparatus.
The Painter position is responsible for mixing and applying epoxy and urethane coatings to cover and protect exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of various units.
- Inspect all parts and units to be painted
- Apply class A, B, and C paint to fire apparatus and parts
- Repair all minor flaws and paint defects including wet sanding, buffing, and spot repairs
- Clean and maintain paint booth
- Maintain related equipment such as paint guns, pumps, paint lines, etc.
- Complete rework as needed
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills
- Regular attendance required
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- One or more years of related job experience
- Previous experience with automotive airless spray paint applications, including epoxies and urethanes
*All positions require the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Detailed physical job analysis available upon request.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Sense of sound is required
- Sense of balance is required
- Limb and finger dexterity is required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform twisting, turning, bending, climbing, pushing, and pulling motions
- Ability to lift at least 60lbs
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)—steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, vest
Working conditions will be inside and outside where temperatures will vary from extreme heat to extreme cold for extended periods of time. This position is regularly exposed to vibration and loud noises.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type: Full-time
Employer Type: Private Company