Position Purpose: Provide the highest quality of workmanship, by diagnosing and troubleshooting repairs, using efficient and productive processes, to exceed our customer expectations for satisfaction.
Complete work performed in accordance with the Standard Repair Times maintaining the goal for an individual *Efficiency average of 70% while maintaining an average of 80% *Productivity. *Efficiency = Standard Repair Time (SRT) / Actual Time Punched on Job *Productivity = Actual time spent punched on Jobs / Available time (Shift)
- Accurately test, troubleshoot repairs, and diagnose failures on hydraulic and electrical systems, and gasoline and diesel engines.
- Perform repairs on gas & diesel engines within quality control standards and in accordance with SRT (Standard Repair Time).
- Prepare accurate estimates for parts & labor
- Document issues in a clear and concise manner showing cause for failure and correction
- Grind bed knives, reels and blades to the customers requested settings
- Use the computer for parts lookup and to keep up with company communications through email
- Read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Welding, as needed
- Assembly of new equipment to customer specs and within SST
- Preparation of Demo, Loaner, Pre-owned sale and rental units according to request and specifications
- Must be skilled in repair and maintenance of turf equipment.
- Must have the ability to diagnose electrical systems and hydraulic systems, read and understand schematics and diagnose both diesel and gasoline engines.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school or equivalent experience at vocational, technical trade school or training seminars in the commercial turf industry.
- Minimum of five years’ experience or related field experience in Mechanical Field.
- Training courses, schools and seminars a plus.
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, reaching
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles as well as to caustic or toxic chemicals.
- Noise levels can be excessive on occasion.
- Work is in a climate controlled, well-equipped service facility, with occasion to be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $41,000 - $60,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes