Senior Systems Engineer
Frontline Communications, a division of Pierce Manufacturing, has been the leading custom communications vehicle manufacturer since 1985 and has built over 2,500 highly customized vehicles for this industry. Our team members design and manufacture high-quality, reliable broadcast and communications vehicles for electronic news gathering, satellite uplink, field production, bonded cellular Live&Drive, and weather reporting applications without the use of subcontractors, all under one roof. As part of the Oshkosh family, we have the unique ability to leverage our manufacturing, procurement and engineering resources across the breadth of our organization, making our products truly unique and built for breakthrough.
- Moving the future forward is our priority and this includes your future. We encourage professional development and champion our employees’ success through various skills and training opportunities. Named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies™ by Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years, everything we do at Oshkosh is guided by our core values and the 15k+ team members around the world who embody them.
- We put people first. We do the right thing. We persevere. We are better together.
We offer our employees an outstanding range of benefits, including:
- Eligibility on Day 1 for medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Up to $10,000 each year for tuition reimbursement to allow you to further your education in a degreed program (Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programs)
- 50% Company matched 401k contributions up to 6%
- Competitive paid-time off plans
- Health Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution up to $1K per year
- Many, many more!
Perform high level, non-supervisory engineering of communication systems used in Broadcast, Command, and Military specialty vehicles in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the design and basic programming of the following communications systems: networking, video, audio, intercom, IFB, bonded cellular, satellite and microwave RF, modems, land mobile radios (LMR), telephony, and control for customer approval and documentation of systems using AUTOCAD
- Act as a technical adviser for the Integration Team to ensure the systems are installed properly and working as designed
- Serve as Project Manager, working directly with the customer on all aspects of the project.
- Perform final set up, basic programming, and proofing of fully integrated system to ensure customer expectations are met
- Perform final acceptance inspections and training along with the customer
- Interface with equipment manufacturers/vendors to specify and troubleshoot equipment
- Provide Sales Department with change order information requested by the customer
- Assist Sales Department as a technical adviser for future projects providing equipment lists and budgets for materials and labor, block diagrams, and attending meetings with customers
- Assist in design and improvement of Frontline manufactured products such as: RF controllers, mast camera controllers, and cable testers
- Assist Customer Service Team as subject matter expert for technical problems experienced by the customer
- Communicate and collaborate with engineering co-workers to ensure everyone is informed of customer requests, contract changes, and design goals
The above listed functions and responsibilities cannot specifically detail all duties associated with the job. As the workplace situation changes, duties and responsibilities will be added and changed as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (i.e. Electrical or Computer Science)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a variety of communications systems design
- Advanced Network certification (i.e. Network+ or CCNA)
- General understanding of fundamental programming, ability to read code
- Certification in a control systems software (Extron, AMX, Crestron)
- Advanced programming skills (i.e. C, C++, C#, Python, Linux)
- Experience/certification with IP related communication systems (VoIP, AES67, Dante)
- Experience/certification in AV control systems (Extron, AMX, Crestron)
- Experience in specialized techniques or principles of communications systems with an emphasis on Command, Broadcast, and Military specialty vehicles
- Mastery in AUTOCAD, MS Office
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with link budgets and FCC licensing a plus
Position Type: Full-time
Employer Type: Private Company