Coordinator, Community Outreach
Coordinator, Community Outreach
Join Our https://scf-foundation.org/about-us/ Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid vacation and sick time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, or coordinating activities designed to create or advance a favorable public image and/or the visibility of State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) at local and regional levels. In doing so, the role will support increasing student and recruitment referrals, donations to Foundation, exposure of SCF Employment openings, and volunteer participation. In addition, the Coordinator will collaborate with supervisor and the College’s and Foundation’s leadership to understand the offerings of each division and will develop outreach plans to promote the College to families, potential referral sources, and the community.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. In collaboration with the Director of Advancement, an annual comprehensive community outreach plan to grow and deepen relationships with referral sources in our communities.
2. Play a key role in interfacing with community contacts to promote the mission of SCF including phone, email, in person meetings, organizing and attending College events (with the support of SCF and SCF Foundation staff and community volunteers as needed), and representing SCF and SCF Foundation at events.
3. Works with Supervisor to execute effective outreach strategy with key stakeholders to generate events supporting partnership growth, community awareness of SCF and increase enrollment.
4. Research opportunities in current SCF markets and work closely with supervisor to initiate community awareness; utilize and maintain SCF “playbook” for how to initiate and organize community outreach and engagement strategies in new markets.
5. Establish ongoing engagements with key internal and external constituents (events, tours), develop communication channels with supervisor, such as reports, social media and create content for other outlets.
6. Through collaboration with supervisor, departmental leadership, and administration; identify and prioritize programs and services that need additional engagement and develop targeted strategies in those areas to create referrals and pipeline.
7. Track communications, follow up on activities and develop internal systems to support the collection and reporting of data and outcomes related to outreach initiatives. Report on outreach effectiveness and/or opportunities for improvement.
8. Develop, implement, track outcomes, and complete follow-up activities for donor relations and outreach event(s) programming.
9. Coordinate the SCF Volunteer Sphere program, promoting leadership, participation, and partnership with SCF's boards, advisory councils, staff, faculty, community members, committees and task forces.
10. Continually evaluate the operation of this function to ensure ongoing effectiveness in generating leads by monitoring ongoing referral volume with key stakeholders.
11. Maintain monthly reporting package to administration, outlining outreach goals, metrics, performance to goals.
12. Help to identify and provide input into communication materials and channels to support outreach and engagement efforts including web updates, social media posting, written collateral, and promotional products and when needed, organize development of these materials.
13. Position requires extensive regional travel; flexible schedule and some evening/weekend events will be required with ability to perform with limited supervision and independently during travel.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, and 3 or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Foundation Program Services
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $41,453 - $65,495
FLSA: Job Open Date: 05/16/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4192192
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-9e8b7c67c819074daa3dc3411d8a8a20
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $41,000 - $60,000/year