Education Liaison - DeSoto, Palmetto, Daughtrey El, Oneco El, Rogers El, Manatee El - Certified Teachers
Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee CountyJob Opening: Education Liaison - Certified Teacher
Needed at Each Club Location
DeSoto, Palmetto, Daughtrey El, Oneco El, Rogers El, Manatee El
Function: To foster the academic achievement of Club members within the framework of the organization's mission and goals. Academic assistance will include, but not be limited to tutoring, homework assistance, educational games and other small group and interest clubs relative to academic achievement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Deliver fun and age-appropriate academic programming daily for youth (grades K-7).
- Follow a day-to-day program schedule created by BGCMC’s Academic Success Manager which is based on the needs of Club members.
- Conduct academic programs during allocated times provided by their Club Director.
- Coordinate volunteers and partnerships with our Academic Success Manager to help meet academic needs of members.
- Participate in Club staff meetings, sharing educational ideas and activities that have been created by the Academic Success Manager.
- Supervise interns and volunteers to ensure proper delivery of the educational programs.
- Provide ongoing feedback and regular appraisal to Club leadership and volunteers, ensuring adherence to Club policies and grant requirements.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with Club members that are conducive to their growth and development.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment for Club members and staff, including routine Club maintenance and clean-up activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with feeder schools to make the linkage between school and afterschool.
- Assist Club Director with establishing and maintaining Average Daily Attendance goals.
- Participate in on-going training to foster personal and professional growth and development.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is Part Time. Afterschool and Summer Program
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience. Valid teaching certificate required.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people and parents.
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
- Ability to relate effectively with parents and community.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills, and ability to set Priorities.
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication (oral and written) and Attention to Detail.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and communication skills with demonstrated capacity to be a team player.
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to input, store, process and output information on a (computer) and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
- Physical requirements include some physical exertion such as lifting, stretching and bending in a school/Club setting and can include sitting and standing for long periods and will require interaction with youth 6-18 years of age and can be noisy at times.
This position includes the following:
- -FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
- -Paid Time Off and $100 Sign-on Bonus
- -401(k) Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
- -Hourly Range –$24.00
- -One Liaison at each Club – DeSoto, Palmetto, Manatee El, Rogers El, Oneco El, Daughtrey El – Must be a certified teacher.
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Type: Part-time
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes