Finance and Human Resource Assistant
Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee CountyJob Opening: Finance & Human Resource Assistant
Function: The Finance/Human Resource Assistant will serve as critical support for the Finance and Human Resources teams. This role will provide direct administrative support to both and play a key role in keeping seamless communication that ensures organization compliance obligations are met. This position requires the highest level of confidentiality and attention to detail. The ideal candidate possesses a solid ethical framework and understanding of confidentiality, and has demonstrated integrity, collaboration, accountability, and a strong work ethic in prior work experience.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Send out monthly “Budgeted Versus Actual Spent” reports to directors and support staff.
- Prepares invoices for payment online and by check.
- Documents proper approval.
- Data entry into QuickBooks.
- Printing checks out to be signed.
- Stuffing and mailing envelopes.
- Attaching check stubs to the invoices and properly filing them.
- Creates invoices for vendors (facility, board, donor) and mails them out.
- Prepares documentation for payment of credit card statements
- Gathers and scans expense requests and matching receipts.
- Data entry into QuickBooks.
- Compiles payroll data for the disbursement reporting and invoicing.
- Assists with payroll-related duties.
- Communicates with supervisors on timecard approvals.
- Records hours for employee trainings.
- Enters PTO hours when granted to employees.
- Records payroll expenses in QuickBooks.
- Assists at BGCMC events.
- Assists with various Finance projects as assigned.
- Coordinates scheduling of phone screens and new hire orientation.
- Ensures timely response to questions from HR Director, Finance Assistant, managers, applicants, and new hires.
- Prepares materials for employees, such as Handbook and Orientation Booklets.
- Maintains job descriptions file and updates.
- Maintains filing for employee personnel files.
- Monitors and ensures new hire files are complete prior to filing.
- Collects and verifies year-round documents are complete.
- Assists with employee engagement and recognition activities, including notifying staff of upcoming significant anniversaries and birthdays of staff.
- Tracks 90-day reviews for staff.
- Assists with employee setup/changes/updates in payroll system.
- Assists with various HR projects as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all-inclusive)
- Associates degree in Finance/Accounting or Human Resources and/or at least one-year related experience, preferably in a non-profit environment, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications. Experience with ADP or similar payroll system is a bonus.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the organizational mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate well both written and verbally and be a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and always maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work.
- Strong organization, time management skills, accuracy and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff are expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens/staff of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participate in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Able to input, output, store information on a (computer) and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The noise level in the work environment can be high due to work that is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
This position includes the following:
- -FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
- -Benefits for Full Time Positions
- -Paid Time Off – part time and full time
- -$100 Sign-on Bonus
- -401(k) Plan
- -Tuition Reimbursement Program and Employee Assistance Program
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Type: Part-time
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes