Graduation & Career Coach
Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee CountyJob Opening - Graduation & Career Coach
The Graduation & Career Coach is responsible for developing successful relationships with at risk youth teens and those who have graduated to make sure they graduate on time and are being self-sufficient. The Coach is responsible for developing and providing an educational enrichment atmosphere where teens can become career, college and community ready and make plans for a successful future. This position will also focus on developing life skills with the youth including making smart choices, budgeting and developing soft skills. It is the responsibility of all staff to help cultivate and maintain positive donor relationships.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Case manage a minimum of 120 8th to 12th grade age youth who are involved in Academic Success.
- Work with graduated seniors to help them succeed in post-secondary life (minimum of 5 members).
- Have accountability meetings with all teens to make sure they are meeting their goals.
- Connect teens to graduation and workforce readiness programming at the Club or in the community and help them have accountability and break down barriers to help them be successful.
- For college-bound Teens, connect them with Khan Academy/SAT prep studies, as well as FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and college applications.
- For all Teens, introduce them to Khan Academy and follow-up for teens and their parents.
- Help teens develop life skills and making smart life choices, including, but not limited to budgeting, interviewing skills, leadership skills and entrepreneurship.
- Help teens secure education and gainful employment in the community. This can include job placement while in the program.
- Ensures that youth growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate based on the measurable outcomes of the Academic Success program for those youth still in high school.
- Report on measureable outcomes per grant requirements
- In collaboration with VP of Program Services, Club Directors, Teen Program Managers and Graduation & Career Specialist, coordinate and maintain cooperative working partnerships with local area school district, higher education institutions, and other community partners to enhance the program
- In the following programs: Diplomas 2 Degrees, ACT/SAT Prep, Career Launch and help with transitioning to post-secondary life including applying to post-secondary schooling options
- Supervise Graduation & Career Specialit and assist in the creation of lesson plans for teen participants in the implementation of Diplomas 2 Degrees, ACT/SAT, Career Launch, Money Matters, Workforce Development and help with transitioning to post-secondary life including applying to post-secondary schooling options.
- Work collaboratively with VP of Program Services to facilitate overall program
- Maintains efficient and effective record keeping procedures
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, volunteers, peers, and the community.
- Collaborates with program team to enhance the program environment
- Models professional and ethical standards
- Meets professional obligations, paperwork, and deadlines through efficient, organized work habits
- Mandated child abuse reporter.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in appropriate field of study.
- Demonstrated ability to work with program team, at risk youth, parents and community leaders.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competency in computer software including, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Publisher, as well as nFocus software, Kidtrax.
- Competency in general office equipment usage including; copier, printers, fax, and cash register.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience in establishing and leading programs, activities and services for at risk youth.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving history.
- Proven ability to motivate and case manage AT RISK youth
- Proven ability to deal with the general public.
- Proven ability to plan, market and implement quality programs using a youth development strategy.
- Proven ability to organize and supervise AT RISK members in a safe environment.
- Commitment to role model and promote a life style of health, wellness and fitness.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must possess a clean driving record.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certification
Supervise: Graduation & Career Specialist
Internal: Maintain contact with Club Director, Teen Program Manager, volunteers, and club members.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, school officials and others as required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects.
- Good vision and hearing necessary to complete tasks.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Must be able to function in a fast paced and noisy environment.
- Must be able to think clearly and concisely.
This position includes the following:
-FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
-Benefits for Full Time Positions
-Paid Time Off
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $41,000 - $60,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes