Video Production Instructor
Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee CountyVideo Production Instructor – Job Posting
Function: The Video Production Instructor will do pre-project planning of the video production process, working closely with youth. The Video Production Instructor will create videos in conjunction with Club Youth for PSAs, web-based programming, and social media. The Video Production Instructor t will oversee the postproduction and final video project which includes video creation process and involves the final editing, proofing, and development of a recorded video.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Show creative expertise and strong technical skills by helping youth participants produce engaging videos that show the youth voice.
- Create stories through video that will make an impact and tell stories.
- Create a daily studio operations checklist and maintain it.
- Collaborates with subject matter consultants
- Ensures lighting positions, sound enhancements, and proper recording equipment are in place to capture the best images in a variety of locations.
- Post-Production making editorial decisions – what to keep, what to cut, and ensuring all of the technical elements create a video that meets client or project goals.
- Ensure to add music, graphics, and animation, develop, edit and upload/manage video content.
- Maintains inventory and request order supplies with supervisor.
- Maintains, repairs, services and installs basic video production equipment.
- Communicate status updates to direct supervisor.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- Two Years accredited College/University preferred and/or High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong technical skills and experience with Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite Video Editing software, AfterEffects, AVID or DaVinci Resolve.
- Ensure to be a key player who understands the impact video makes.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use basic video production equipment.
- Thorough understanding of artistic styles, techniques, methodologies, and effects used within video production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- Ability to arrange sets and lighting to capture professional video.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
- -FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
- -Paid Time Off and $100 Sign-on Bonus
- -401(k) Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
- -Hourly $16.00
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Type: Part-time
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes