Video Services Technician
The Video Services Technician is responsible for audio/video support for all Aquarium exhibits, events, and helping implement new technology for the exhibits; assists with video documentation of scientific as well as web and promotional videos. The Video Services Technician will perform a variety of tasks that require extensive knowledge of electronics and presentation setup. The Video Services Technician should possess experience/knowledge of television broadcasting, video editing and show/presentation setup. The Video Services Technician may be required to work unusual hours at times and may be required to learn the use of new technologies. The Video Services Technician works closely with all levels of Mote staff and volunteers in addition to vendors and venue rental clients.
- Support the operations of Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium exhibits, special events, meetings and demonstrations.
- Operations may require out of town travel and off campus work, including boat activities.
- Connect various electronic devices together for display/presentations.
- Install and maintain video and audio equipment.
- Video and document various research programs and distribute videos to various outlets.
- Develop web and promotional videos.
- Support of Distance Learning Program
- Assist other laboratory programs for technical work, vehicle errands to obtain or deliver materials, and other tasks outside of specialized training.
- Respond to aquarium exhibit needs as well as provide input into developing new exhibits and implementing new exhibit technologies.
- Work closely with all levels of Mote staff and volunteers in addition to vendors and venue rental clients.
- Stay in compliance with related plans, policies, procedures, laws and standards including; Local, State, and Federal laws – (copyright permissions, etc.), AZA standards, and Disaster preparedness.
Normal hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with a 1 hour lunch break
- Valid Florida Drivers License or the ability to attain one within 6 months.
- Physical capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift heavy objects or equipment of up to fifty pounds occasionally.
- Ability to spend long hours sitting at workstation conducting tedious and repetitive procedures while maintaining a high level of quality work.
- Good sense of balance for boat duties in rough seas. Cannot be excessively prone to motion/sea sickness.
- Possess stamina for working occasional long hours in outdoor locations, during both day and night, which may include tropical to temperate conditions (hot or cold, humid, intense sunlight, rainy weather, etc).
- Ability to swim
- Must be able to focus cameras and other video equipment. The Video Services Technician cannot be color blind as color adjustments of equipment is required.
High school diploma; college diploma preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Show Production or related field as well as experience working in Broadcast, Theater, Hospitality or related institution.
- Familiarity with Digital signage and other display technologies.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
Interested applicants should apply on line by choosing “2023 Video Services Technician” at https://mote.smapply.org/prog/job_applicants or mail a single package including cover letter, resume or c.v. and the contact information for three references to Mote Marine Laboratory, Attn: Human Resources, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236 before 5pm May 26, 2023.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected category. Mote participates in E-Verify.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes