Guest Services Associate - Part Time
The Guest Services Associate serves as the first point of contact for Mote Aquarium guests. This position is responsible for facilitating ticket and membership sales, greeting and assisting guests with entry, cashiering and assisting guests at our Fossil Creek area, cashiering and assisting guests at our virtual reality experience, and providing other services to give our guests a great experience during their visit. Qualified applicants will have basic computer skills, cashier experience, and enjoy working with the public.
- Greet every guest in a friendly manner
- Accurately conduct transactions using cash, credit cards, checks, coupons, and vouchers
- Work with the point of sale system to sell and renew memberships and update membership information
- Connect with our guests to provide the best possible experience by suggesting exhibits, providing safety information and helping to resolve any issues that may occur.
- Assist guests at our virtual reality experience by informing them how to sit, put on their headset, and setting up the experience
- Assist guests at our Fossil Creek area by informing them how to sift through the sand and identify the fossils, as well as sell pond fish food
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Perform assigned opening and closing duties
- Preparing and stocking Fossil Creek materials and merchandise
Normal working hours are 9 am to 5 pm. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Previous cash handling and guest service experience preferred.
Interested applicants should apply on line by choosing “2023 Guest Services Associate” at https://mote.smapply.org/prog/job_applicants or mail a single package including cover letter, resume or c.v. and the contact information for three references to Mote Marine Laboratory, Attn: Human Resources, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236, or send a letter of interest and resume to HumanResources@mote.org before 5pm June 2, 2023.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected category. Mote participates in E-Verify.
Position Type: Part-time
Salary Range: Up to $20,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company