Assistant Tennis Coach (Stipend)
Assistant Tennis Coach (Stipend):
Join the SCF Athletics Department! The Assistant Coach will assist the head coach maintaining and/or enhancing every aspect of the intercollegiate athletic program as part of the mission of State College of Florida.
Job Description: Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. The Assistant Coach is expected to play a positive leadership role in helping the college effectively manage change.
2. The Assistant Coach will be responsible for knowing and abiding by all SCF, Florida College System Activities Association (FCSAA), National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), conference, and sports specific policies and procedures, and is expected to loyally support all policies, procedures and decisions/interpretations rendered by these agencies, coaching staff and Athletic Director.
3. The Assistant Coach will provide leadership to the athletic program in the development of their sport.
4. The Assistant Coach will be responsible for assisting the head coach in the coaching, recruitment (to a 4-year school) and selection of student-athletes, budgeting, stats, social media, scheduling of games, promotions, player development (weight room and conditioning) and public relations.
5. The Assistant Coach is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner being a positive role model for his/her players.
6. The Assistant Coach will participate in fund-raising projects, assist the Head Coach with monitoring of the academic progress of student-athletes, and work to assure successful rate of graduates commensurate with SCF students.
7. The Assistant Coach will provide monitoring of their players specifically and all student-athletes in generally who are on scholarship in the housing facility.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: At least two year of experience at a related level, preferred but not required College playing experience at a related level is preferred but not required.
Preferred Qualifications · Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. · Supervisory Experience: Demonstrated commitment to teamwork, leadership, decision making, and supporting the overall athletic program, student activities and college. · Certificates and Licenses: CPR certification or ability to obtain. Valid Florida driver’s license or the ability to obtain and maintain.
Special Instructions to Applicants All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks. Department Name: Organized Athletics Campus: Bradenton Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: Vary Work Hours To: Total Hours Per Week: Requested Start Date: ASAP Job Type: Benefits Eligible: No Hiring Range: $6,180.00 FLSA: Exempt Job Open Date: 06/16/2022 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3156792 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-0868c9a10228bc4bad1eb7bce9edf53d